What do you wear under your 'Stich?

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Winter is coming, (maybe), and this is my first winter with an Aerostich 1 piece Roadcrafter. Now it is comfortable, versatile and 95% waterproof, (occaisional soggy crotch), but it ain't the warmest suit I have ever worn.

So lets find out what your choice of clothing is to wear underneath the suit!

I've seen him on the A3 - he doesn't usually even bother with the bottom half of the Stich suit, let alone pants.

Places a lot of trust in that Gaucho...

Jeans and a t-shirt most of the time, an old golf windproof (very thin but stops my arms getting chilled) or a long sleeved shirt. Microfleece for when it's cooler, body warmer and lond johns on stand by for if (when?) it gets really cold. So far haven't needed them.
Mark

So lets find out what your choice of clothing is to wear underneath the suit!

Under my 2 piece Roadcrafter II:

On top: turtleneck, heated vest, fleece 300 jacket.
On the bottom: jeans, hiking socks, hiking boots.

Good for: well it was a nice sunny 550 km ride at -6°C (21°F) all day and other than my chin being a bit cool, I was comfortable. The heated grips and hand guards on the Adventure made it all possible.

I don't think it gets cold enough in the UK that you can call it winter. ;)

BWM phase chnage leggings and top, ski socks and my lovely toasty home made heated waistcoat with double heating for kidneys and neck Hmmmmmm toasty!!!!!

A fleece buff to seal the neck and that's it :thumb (unless it's well below freezing in which case I'll add a microfleece top)

Summer gloves and muffs in any temperature- only eed to have the heated grips on low r my ands get to hot !

PS the trick in not getting a soggy crotch with the 'Stich is to stand up on the bike and smooth the velcro down flat before sitting down again- that makes it pretty much totally watertight IME.

Still think mine's the best bit of riding kit I've ever invested in :thumb

under the Aerostcih

Office trousers, business shirt, merino wool poloneck...and this week (for the first time this winter) my Gerbibg jacket with a fleece buff to seal the neck).

Had the Aerostich 11 years, still as good as new (but looking worn!).

PS the trick in not getting a soggy crotch with the 'Stich is to stand up on the bike and smooth the velcro down flat before sitting down again- that makes it pretty much totally watertight IME.

Still think mine's the best bit of riding kit I've ever invested in :thumb

Good tip Fanum :thumb

Back
Top Bottom