Ktm oil filters

Ming

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anybody used pattern filters for there Ktm???

saw bulk packs of non standard filters on ebay and they are cheap but at what cost:nenau

That may be one outcome ,but the reason I ask is because I would be more than a little suprised if Ktm made the filters in house .

just as Porsche dont make there own brake discs /filter /exhausts or electrical components .

So to ask a more specific question does anyone know who makes the filters for Ktm ???

I've always used Hi-Flo on both my 525's HF157 (short) and HF155 (long) and never had any problems. I buy them in bulk off e-bay usually six of each at a time :thumb

worth asking that question at Motorworks?:nenau
They are very helpful:thumb
But one is confused...
expensive KTM
expensive Porsche....
and you want a cheap filter:confused: :eek:

Computer says 'No':confused: :rolleyes: :D
Merry Xmas
could try here http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/myproducts.php

Makes perfect sense to me set of discs and pads (fronts only) fitted by porsche ...650 quid .

zimmerman discs and pads (guess who makes porsche ones!!) fitted myself in less than two hours , just over 200quid

thats 450 reasons for me to look into it .

you must be loaded Bert:D

I only ever used Hi-Flo on the Husaberg and now on the KTM - seems fine. I had an article on compatible filters, filtering and flow rates a while ago and *the* filter to use was a Citroen stamped 2CV6 jobbie - sadly the chart was lost ages ago. I suspect many different name filters come out of the same factory - just a different colour and name and double the price.

I've used HI-Flow filters on my KTM since new. Never missed an oil change, but my KTM dealer said that now the bike has done well over 90 hours I could miss changing the filters every other oil change.

Bike has now got 180 hours use and is three years old.

You know what it sounds like as you followed so close last outing. :D

Now THIS is a filter.........:D

P1010179.jpg

P1010178.jpg

I've used HI-Flow filters on my KTM since new. Never missed an oil change, but my KTM dealer said that now the bike has done well over 90 hours I could miss changing the filters every other oil change.

Bike has now got 180 hours use and is three years old.

You know what it sounds like as you followed so close last outing. :D

yeah not for long :(

Makes perfect sense to me set of discs and pads (fronts only) fitted by porsche ...650 quid .
zimmerman discs and pads (guess who makes porsche ones!!) fitted myself in less than two hours , just over 200quid

thats 450 reasons for me to look into it . you must be loaded Bert:D

Nope, quite the contrary actually (gs's don't need oil changes every 100 miles:D ) , but it seems a shame , when you can obviosuly afford such great machines to risk damaging those lovely enginess for a couple of squids:nenau
I also save by fitting/servicing my own stuff and that makes sense! anyway, what do I know- whatever floats your boat!;)

Back
Top Bottom