nt or mapsource or nt

b0mb3r

Reaction score
ok guys can you please tell me the difference between MapSource trip & Waypoint Manager, mapsource, city navigator and city nav nt :nenau
please.....:bow
many thanks

Kat00m

ok guys can you please tell me the difference between MapSource trip & Waypoint Manager, mapsource, city navigator and city nav nt :nenau
please.....:bow
many thanks

Kat00m
just bought 2610,waiting on city navigator v9,The nt stands for new technology which apparently doesent work on the 2610.

MapSource is a PC software for managing trips (tracks), waypoints, routes & maps. The Waypont & Trip manager can only do a subset of this (guess what...).

The key difference is the map. Without a map on the PC you can't create routes. Creating routes on the pc, route planning, is what makes Garmin different from other brands. This is the reason why Garmin dominates in the MC market.

The two maps "City Navigator" and "City Navigator NT" are almost identical. Main difference is the data format - the way the map is stored on the PC or in the GPS. One other difference is that it's only with the NT map that you can do full post code search.

ok thanks guys..... so if i get a 60csx what softwear is best then ... do both mapsource and city nav do routing for me and whats the difference between them .... sorry im lost here :nenau

Kat00m

Try http://www.garmin.com/support/faqs/ . This should answer many, if not all, of your questions. You can also download manuals.

If you buy a 60csx, in short - you will need a full version of City Navigator (CN) which gives you the maps. Mapsource is a piece of software for your computer (PC) which will allow you to plan & download routes to your unit, as well as transfer maps. Mapsource will be included with City Navigator.

Incidentally, a stand-alone version of CN is quite expensive (not sure how much), but it might be more cost-effective to buy a 2610 (currently around £180) - which will come with CN - & use its spare unlock code on a 60csx.

Try http://www.garmin.com/support/faqs/ . This should answer many, if not all, of your questions. You can also download manuals.

If you buy a 60csx, in short - you will need a full version of City Navigator (CN) which gives you the maps. Mapsource is a piece of software for your computer (PC) which will allow you to plan & download routes to your unit, as well as transfer maps. Mapsource will be included with City Navigator.

Incidentally, a stand-alone version of CN is quite expensive (not sure how much), but it might be more cost-effective to buy a 2610 (currently around £180) - which will come with CN - & use its spare unlock code on a 60csx.

ahhh thank you ... :thumb now i understand :bow

many thanks

ok thanks guys :beerjug: but does anyone know where to go in the UK for NT ... it seems i can find places to buy the sat nav but not NT am i missing something here:eek:
and thanks again

Kat00m :thumb

As far as I know the software can only be bought from Garmin
here Update
If you wanted the full version
(I dont think you do) Full version(expensive)

When the DVD arrives you contact Garmin about unlock codes if they aren't on the disk already

Hope it helps.

Daithi

Kat00m,

Which Sat Nav have you got/are you getting? Are you certain that you're getting the correct City Navigator version?

Back
Top Bottom