Santander to Malaga

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, looks like Sis has done OK this year. She's spending late Jan to end March in Malaga, so I quite fancy a ride down to see her and stay a few days.

Not ridden in Spain before, so what do you experienced fellows reckon is the best route? How long do you reckon it would take at a 'slow and sniff the sangria' sort of pace? Best routes?

Planning to do the ferry to Santander from Plymouth rather than ride through France.

Cheers :thumb

Mark

Santander ferry is excellent :thumb You can do it in 3 days easy enough. I don't think there is a 'best route' I like all I've seen so far :D

My favourite places so far are Seville, Granada and Segovia. It's a huge country, great roads with very little traffic, just get a map and go. If you really do want a specific route and have Mapsource, send me a pm.

Malaga is a shite hole IMO.

I would ride up into the Picos for the first night and camp at Polientes....on the piss in the village.

Carry on and ride down staying well to the east of Madrid....stay well clear of that shite hole. Burgos valladolid Caceres all nice places but try and stay in the small villages. Three days is a good time to get well South but head for cadiz and stay a couple of nights.......Then head to Granada and see the Alhambra oh and Rhonda is a cracking place, nice campsite up in the hills near by..:) You must ride into the Sierra Nevada mountains that simply has to be done.... I stopped at a campsite just outside Almeria but it is hot round there.

Just a few ideas.........:thumb

Oh yeah forgot Seville is a beautifull City........Get your hair cut there.......good Barber...!

Back
Top Bottom