Fuel Overflow through Cap

AdamZ

A couple of times now the fuel has overflowed through the filler cap when she is on the sidestand and I have just filled her up. It seems that when ever the weather is reasonably warm this occurs

Hence why it has only occurred a couple of times.

Yesterday she was left in the sun after filling (and not full to the top) and when I got up this morning the following was the result.

Has anybody else experienced this????

Attachments

• img_0022.jpg
    img_0022.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 140
Next Picture

& another view - looks good with the duct tape on the panniers and beak...

Attachments

• img_0023.jpg
    img_0023.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 134
Re: Next Picture

AdamZ said:
& another view - looks good with the duct tape on the panniers and beak...

Looks like your overflow pipe is blocked. Check the hole in the filler neck hasn't become blocked with crud and rust. Mine sometimes overflows after filling and being left on the sidestand in the warm weather, but through the drain tube, not from the cap.

Re: Re: Next Picture

scurrell said:
Looks like your overflow pipe is blocked. Check the hole in the filler neck hasn't become blocked with crud and rust. Mine sometimes overflows after filling and being left on the sidestand in the warm weather, but through the drain tube, not from the cap.

When it first happened I was actually at the dealer and he blew through the overfole pipe and said it was ok.... mind you I have never had it overflow through the overflow pipe

My 1100 p^sses out through the overflow pipe if I fill it to the bottom of the inlet tube and then leave it on the side stand - even worse if teh fuel has come from an underground tank (cold) and the bike is in the sun.

It sometimes even happens on the centre stand too, it's a real bu$$er if you want to fill up in the evening for a quick getaway in the morning. :mad:

A dealer trapped my brether pipes under the tank mounting thinking that the channel is a tidy place to put them unfortunatley when the tank is lowered the mounting squashes the hoses and stops the breather from working presurising the tank!!

Roger

Back
Top Bottom