Planning on a TT Rider

Simon E

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out by explaining in words that a numpty like me can understand how to plan out routes on my shiny new Tom Tom Rider using my PC. In one of the posts here it says that they use Autoroute?? I have an early version of that and tried planning a simple route by clicking on various roads and adding them to the route planner and then asking it to plan route but don't know how to import it.

On a seperate note I have tried using TTHome but that seems to take for ever.

What I would ideally like to do is point to a road on a map and say I want to go on that road to say place B from place A and add it to the route. I then want to go from place B along a new road to place C etc you get the picture.

And before anyone asks no I don't want to sell it and get a garmin :)

Any pointers greatfully received - oh and a happy new year to you all.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

First thing to do is get hold of a utility called ITNconv from the following website
http://benichougps.blogspot.com/

Once you have planned your route on Autoroute (I tend to do it by selecting a point just prior to the road junction that I want to turn at) you can save the route as an Autoroute file.

You then open ITNconv, and open your Autoroute file. From that stage, all you need to do is select the file format you want to export to, and hit the Export button. You will now find that you have the route as a .itn file, which you can copy onto your SD card. You may find it useful to use TThome for copying the .itn file into the right place on your SD card so that it shows up in your itinerary file list. You may find that you get very slight inaccuracies because the program takes the Autoroute point, converts it to a Lat/Long, and uses that for the basis of the TT itinerary. Out of interest, should any of those Garmin people send you a Mapsource route file, this utility can convert it into a Tomtom itinarary as well.

Whilst you're at it, you may want to have a look at this site as well, which gives some very useful utilities that you can add on to your Rider. I've tried some of them, and they seem to work pretty much as advertised. http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/plugins.php?lang=uk

Hope this helps a bit - any snags I'll try to help if I can.

:beerjug:

Iain

Thanks Iain,

I will have a play over the next few days and let you know how I get on.:thumb

Have a Great New Year.

Cheers

Simon

Back
Top Bottom