Can you buy a Zumo in France or Spain?

ktmBill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so am badly organised. Cant get my Garmin Zumo in UK, cos am off to Africa tomorrow -(New Year Even) and of course everywheres closed on Monday - so I wondered, could I buy it over the counter anywhere in France or Spain on route? (Northern France would of course be best!). I get the Portsmouth Ferry on Monday (1st Jan 07) to Caen.

Just thort they're probably exactly the same ie. all languages catered for?
Billy

if you plan on staying in the same hotel in europe for a few days,

why dont you order it online from somewhere like,

the zumo is cheaper from gpsw and city select cheaper from globalpositioningsystems

http://www.gpsw.co.uk or www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk or contact them by phone,

explain you need it ASAP and ask them to use an express delivery service like fedex to your hotel.

are you gonna use worldmap or city select africa?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so am badly organised. Cant get my Garmin Zumo in UK, cos am off to Africa tomorrow -(New Year Even) and of course everywheres closed on Monday - so I wondered, could I buy it over the counter anywhere in France or Spain on route? (Northern France would of course be best!). I get the Portsmouth Ferry on Monday (1st Jan 07) to Caen.

Just thort they're probably exactly the same ie. all languages catered for?
Billy

Depending on how far you want to go and if you trust them you can go to either of these

Electronica Trepat
C/Riera Montalegre s/n Nave 50
Poligono Indust Pomar de Dalt
Barcelona 08916
Phone: 34 93 3572608
Fax: 34 93 4294484
E-mail: trepat@trepat.com

EuropeMarineElectroniqueTecSat

15 rue des Grands Pres,92000
Nanterre, France 92000
Phone: 01 39 21 57 58
Fax: 01 39 21 57 59
E-mail: support@eme-tecsat.fr

Hope this helps.:thumb

GPS in France

You could try TOUTEC DISTRIBUTION (SARL TOUTECH)
24 rue Gérard Philipe
33140 Villenave d'Ornon France
Tel. : 0820 88 70 72

Should not be any problem. GPS are on sale everywhere now - ie supermarkets, Feu Vert, etc;
I hope that you speak French however!
I am just south of Lyon - give me a ring if you are stuck! 0474854995

Thanks all...

You could try TOUTEC DISTRIBUTION (SARL TOUTECH)
24 rue Gérard Philipe
33140 Villenave d'Ornon France
Tel. : 0820 88 70 72

Should not be any problem. GPS are on sale everywhere now - ie supermarkets, Feu Vert, etc;
I hope that you speak French however!
I am just south of Lyon - give me a ring if you are stuck! 0474854995

But I missed your replies - now am in Africa. Riding alone and no sat nav! Arrr I hear you say...
But all is well. I have a compass and a michelin map! Have a look at my blog at www.dakarexpress.com for an update. I'll buy the zumo when I get back!!! at the end of the month - but one thing is for sure, if you are going to do a trip, dont fxxk around - just buy the bloody thing. I would have paid for itself in mpg for me by now!!!!
Thanks again - on with the adventure er chiddia tomorrow....

Back
Top Bottom