Scotland to Morocco 2007

Gordon

Reaction score
I have just booked a place on the Wildcat Tours Atlas Mountain Raid trip in October 2007. Are there any fellow Scots booked up or intending to do so?

Cheers

I have just booked a place on the Wildcat Tours Atlas Mountain Raid trip in October 2007. Are there any fellow Scots booked up or intending to do so? Cheers

Its very tempting . . Have you done these sort of tours before ?

I retire in May . . . . Hmmmm. :mmmm

Its very tempting . . Have you done these sort of tours before ?

Since 1982, I have done approx 8 organised tours to various places, the largest tour being some 84 people on 62 bikes - NOT a conga but instead people forming small groups of like-minded individuals whose objectives and riding styles match. Most of these trips were organised by the late Ken Craven.

In between organised tours I have planned and led several foreign tours for anything between 2 - 8 persons.

Morocco is new to me so happy to be guided by the expects

Cheers

I have just booked a place on the Wildcat Tours Atlas Mountain Raid trip in October 2007. Are there any fellow Scots booked up or intending to do so?

http://www.wildcat-motorbike-tours.co.uk/

Cheers

I'm sure our very own Andy Cameron is a guide on some of these. He's been quiet on the board of late so he must be busy in his B&B in DuffTown or away in Morocco alot???

I really want to do Morocco this year but it will be earlier on if I do as I am planning the Alps in Sept.

Have a great time.

AndyT:thumb

Very, very tempting. I leave the RAF at the end of he year and have been thinking about a long holiday before starting a new job. This could be the trip. :)

I notice you have done a few organised trips of this sort. Have you taken a pillion? My better half would be coming and the only concern might be the high mileage on some of the days. We have done a fair bit of touring in Europe, but that was before I got the GS and I know the GS will be more comfortable than the bikes we used then (all sports bikes). We have not had a chance to clock up any serious miles on the GS yet, so not really sure how she would be.

I will have to consult her later and see what she thinks!!

Martin :thumb

I notice you have done a few organised trips of this sort. Have you taken a pillion? My better half would be coming and the only concern might be the high mileage on some of the days. We have done a fair bit of touring in Europe, but that was before I got the GS and I know the GS will be more comfortable than the bikes we used then (all sports bikes). We have not had a chance to clock up any serious miles on the GS yet, so not really sure how she would be.

I will have to consult her later and see what she thinks!!

Martin :thumb

From the people I know who tour extensively with wives - the GS is about the most comfortable bike out there for the pillion. :thumb

Al :D

Most of the longer trips I have done have been two up with my wife as pillion. These trips have been on a variety of bikes - Honda CB900FZ, BMW R100RT, BMW R65, BMW R850R and the BMW 1150GS. I have even ridden two up on a Yamaha RD200 from the Sierra Nevada mountains in Southern Spain to West Lothian (not through choice but necessity!!)

The GS is ideal for this trip (although I am travelling solo on this occasion) and 'pillion opinion' is that the bike is ideally suited for high mileage/long days.

do you know when the cut off date is Gordon?

I'm seriously considering joining you also.
Have wanted to do something like this for years.
Now would be my time too.
Alan:thumb :thumb

Cut-off Date

Hi Alan

No cut-off date yet but I wanted to get my booking confirmed in case the maximum number of 20 riders is reached. I think that Wildcat will accept bookings as long as there is time to arrange ferries and hotels etc but I notice a £25 late booking fee if booked less than 31 days prior to departure.

Cheers

Gordon

Thanks for the replys about touring two up. Two up comfort was the main reason we bought the bike in the first place, but just haven't had the chance to put the theory in to practice.:thumb

An (easy!!:eek: ) 4500 mile introuduction through Scotland, Spain and Morocco should do the trick. :D :D

I might look like :rob afterwards though.

Martin :)

"Like Webster's Dictionary . . . "

I have just booked a place on the Wildcat Tours Atlas Mountain Raid trip in October 2007. Are there any fellow Scots booked up or intending to do so? Cheers

Gordon,

See what you have done now ?

I have reserved a place on the October tour, the deposit is winging its way between the Banks as I write. :bounce1

I have been thinking about a European Tour for a while, something to celebrate my retirement in May - this looks even better. Thanks for the big push :thumb

Now I'll have to do some serious maintenance on the 100GS, or else I will have to take the K1200GT !

Hi Everybody and especially Gordon and Voyager, i went to Morocco in October 2004 with Wildcat tours and it was excellent, so I am off again this April, this time further South into the Sahara. Many people bike to Morocco but follow the same well trodden tourist route but Wildcat takes you to the "out of the way" places where you are the only outsiders in the area. If anyone wants any info, what to take/not take etc either pm me or email andy@ClunieCameron.co.uk or even ring me on 01340 820464
Take care peeps:beer: :beer:

If anyone wants any info, what to take/not take etc either pm me or email andy@ClunieCameron.co.uk or even ring me on 01340 820464

Andy - I'm sure to be in touch - all info gratefully received.

See what you have done now ?

I have reserved a place on the October tour, the deposit is winging its way between the Banks as I write.

I have been thinking about a European Tour for a while, something to celebrate my retirement in May - this looks even better. Thanks for the big push

Now I'll have to do some serious maintenance on the 100GS, or else I will have to take the K1200GT !

Bob - the team at Wildcat are happy to meet for a natter either before their April trip or on their return. I would be happy to arrange this and could open this to anyone interested in 'hearing their stories'. Hopefully we might talk about this on Sat (if I get a pass)

Cheers

I see that our own Fanum has put a post on here with a link to his recently started tours to Morocco. I know that he can pick bikes up north of the border so he might well be worth considering.

Seems only fair to me that a fellow UKGSer should get a "shout". There are a number of posts and numerous photos on the board of Bill's (Fanum) recent tour. :thumb

Here it's here

bill.jpg

Hi Everybody and especially Gordon and Voyager, i went to Morocco in October 2004 with Wildcat tours and it was excellent, so I am off again this April, this time further South into the Sahara. Many people bike to Morocco but follow the same well trodden tourist route but Wildcat takes you to the "out of the way" places where you are the only outsiders in the area. If anyone wants any info, what to take/not take etc either pm me or email andy@ClunieCameron.co.uk or even ring me on 01340 820464
Take care peeps:beer: :beer:

Thanks Andy,

I'll be in touch about clothing requirements and security - I intend to take a large & expensive Nikon D200 camera + accessories.

Have a good trip in April.

Voyager (Bob).

Back
Top Bottom