Paddy Power bet

I know fark all about betting (same as most things ;) ) but if it involves ridin' me bike I just might have an interest :D

Well we could place a wee bet
with a famous book maker to see
how many Gs's we could get to a
point on a map, would have to be off road :D :D :D

and then give the money to a good cause

I dont care where ! I'm in :thumb :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :clap

PS, How far off-road :D :D

sounds fun but bookies arnt known for there benevelance u would be beter off doing a sweep stake and controling the money yourself and working out a prizefund, just a thought

Other book?

Well we could place a wee bet
with a famous book maker to see
how many Gs's we could get to a
point on a map, would have to be off road :D :D :D

and then give the money to a good cause

I misread your message first time, but think about it; why not do the same to get into the other famous annual book:beer:
Cheers D:thumb

Carrantuohill

About 30 ish years ago a number of trials bikers had an annual trek in Kerry, and got to the top of carrantouhill at least once, I could get names, I heard it was hairy at times on narrow ridge paths and loose scree. How about crossing Glenmalure to glen of imall?
D:thumb

About 30 ish years ago a number of trials bikers had an annual trek in Kerry, and got to the top of carrantouhill at least once, I could get names, I heard it was hairy at times on narrow ridge paths and loose scree. How about crossing Glenmalure to glen of imall?
D:thumb

I see where your coming from
but i think that Carrantuohill would
be more of a selling point, if you see
what i mean, anybody else have any
ideas ???:nenau

ALTITUDE

. . didn't the Goons haul a grand piano to the summit of Mount Everest? . .
. .took a helluva long time tho'; kept slippin' back down the glaciers, the plinking notes echoing all the way back to Kathmandu . .

Sweepstake to guess the number of bikes that show up at Ramelton?
50/50 split to winners and charity.

Carrauntoohil

[QUOTE=the celt;has anyone climbed Carrantuohill 1038m
(i think)If so would it be possible to get a Gs up
there, even in bits and reassemble at the top ???

Joe

I really admire your balls and lateral (vertical?) thinking.
Apart from motorcycling I'm into mountaineering and know Carrauntoohil intimately - in a platonic way of course.
As a member of Kerry Mountain Rescue I have picked up a few "pieces" there over the years - if you follow me.
it's a serious mountain, I love it - again in a platonic way.
As to GSsing, forget it for two reasons.
One it is next to impossible, you might get a Gas Gas or whatever the "bees knees" in trials biking is these days.
I'll walk any of you guys up there some day and you can judge for yourself.
Two - and more importantly - you'll have the ultra righteous environmental police - aka the walking lobby - on your back if not up your a**e:eek: .
I have to keep my two passions formally separate. They just don't mix at that level.
I take the Yamaha Serow off road but would avoid any walking hot spots, such as Carrauntoohil.
How about visiting all the counties in this little isle in 24 hours or some variation on that theme as it's been done before - I believe?

Shannon potty?

Joe
As Baldrick might say "I have a cunning plan" but it may not be that cunning at all. The plan would be to start at the source of the Shannon (Shannon pot) and ride as close as possible to one bank of the river to Tarbert or Killimer and take the ferry; then ride back the other side to the start, you would be bound to get some "off road" type stuff. I've had a glass or two of what's left over from the Christmas: so as they say "terms and conditions apply, rates may fall as well as rise". I'll have another glass and if a more cunning plan presents I'll revert to you.:thumb

I think getting every or at least most of the GS owners this side of the
channel together in one place would be no mean feat.
How about the furthest point to the North, East, South and West
over a weekend, if it happens in the Summer time, make it a camping
trip,, tents on the Saturday night Can's and a Barbie ?:nenau

goodnight.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom