Tong Offroad 1 dayer!

jez

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've provisionally booked the 17th of August for another foray into Yorkshires premier offroad site. If any of you are interested could you let me know asap so I can warn the site about numbers.
As with last time we were there they have said that there will be a landrover available for the pillions to learn offroad driving in.
The costs are as follows.

£15 per motorcycle
£20 per person for the landrover lessons. (to be confirmed)

There is also the possibility of other activities if we wish :-
possibly quads, clay shooting and learning to drive a Stalwart 8x8 offroad. Costs according to demand .

me on my 1150

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 784
Hmmm, I'd be tempted to pop down for that, I'll let you know in time.
The Stalwart sounds fun!!

jez,

just to confirm that, yep! i'll be there! will be travelling down on saturday night. line a couple up....

best regards,

d:gringo

Web site and confrimation (of sorts)

Bob try
http://www.parkwood4x4.com
as Jez posted this last time - it is extremely easy to get to from M Ways. Hopefully this link will guide you to location http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...00&st=4&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf
It's a great laugh, and what's more, there's something for the ladies too ! The s****e sticks to the alloy etc though - clean afterwards - or it won't come off, really !
Bev and I will be there if we aren't pre-booked already - I must speak to my mewifebe.co.uk/bookings tonight !
Time to find where those Tuareg leaks are !! ;)
(PS Jez hope you'll be wearing the new club uniform that day !)

What time does it start finish??? If i get there for 1pm is that too late to make the most of it??

I'm tempted - would a 1100GS manage on standard Metzler tyres?

I can't afford a set of TKC-80's but have been green laning on the bike with standard tyres.

Sorry Jez, I'm on my hols!

(Perhaps if I could sneak off.................)

gutsi said:
I'm tempted - would a 1100GS manage on standard Metzler tyres?

I can't afford a set of TKC-80's but have been green laning on the bike with standard tyres.

I did it last december on a pair of shagged tourances, it's gonna be fine [you got engine bars right!!]

gazumped!!

just been across to see Rebecca at Parkwood as she hadn't got back to me only to find that they've booked a big landrover club in for that day which is a bit of a bummer. However all is not lost as there is the oppertunity to have the site for a 2 day session on the 30th/31st august instead, or take up just one of these days. If you could give me your answers to these dates asap it would be much appreciated as I need to get back to Rebecca in the next 3-4 days if possible.

:(

Jez I,ll get in quick! Sat 30th would be great for me I missed last years as only had the bike a few weeks and no bottl.

count me in

let's go for both! but, PLEASE can we make this a cert.? i have to arrange weekends way in advance. i've already pissed my manager off severely by arranging the first one...!

d:gringo

Re: gazumped!!

jez said:
just been across to see Rebecca at Parkwood as she hadn't got back to me only to find that they've booked a big landrover club in for that day which is a bit of a bummer. However all is not lost as there is the oppertunity to have the site for a 2 day session on the 30th/31st august instead, or take up just one of these days. If you could give me your answers to these dates asap it would be much appreciated as I need to get back to Rebecca in the next 3-4 days if possible.

:(

yup ya can count me in, either day fine for me, but if we make it the Saturday, we could combine it with a few beers round keefly or bingley or whatever

now then where did i put me tyre levers??

Count me in on the Saturday - I'm on a 650 - I'll let the rest of the guys know on the 650 site!

...make that Sunday afternoon - forgot F650 club have a Lakes run on the 30th!

Jez, not sure if I can make it, so don't bother booking me in, if there's any cancellations at the last minute let me know and I'll pop on down.:cool:

right, just confirmed with Rebecca at tong for both days which is apparently not a problem as they also have a group of local plod there with their trail irons.
I intend to do both days, one day on the gs and one day on the xr400r I bought today:D :D
the aformentioned prices still stand and are per day.
The stalwart will be available to those who wish to experience a real go anywhere machine - this will cost £100 per trip out (approx 1 hour) and will seat 10 people at a time . £10 each, more if less than 10 people.

Back
Top Bottom