how much is a rickman matesse with a 125 zundapp engine worth

youfix

how much could i ask for this all original .but needs restoring 1974 125 zundapp engine another spare . all the paint work good frame could do with nickel plating again and new shocks+ rims .what do you think.

Bits are rare...

Years since I've seen one of these.
Bits I should imagine will be rare, as they were difficult to obtain in 1980, when I was learning to ride a Garelli 50 Cross.
The internet may help sourcing some bits, but a mint example does not attract the crowds at Classic Shows so it's only of value to a small number of anoraks, a bit like me.:thumb
Timpo.
PS. You haven't got an old Fantic Enduro in your shed by any chance? Similar to this:http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...lero&start=18&ndsp=18&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

rickman zundapp

youfix
My first enduro bike in 77, which I started racing on, first event the powys in 77, I think, sold it a year later and bought a SWM 125, what jump up that was.
In the 90's I had a nostalgia thing and bought another rickman zundapp, raced in the isde in austria by the army team, fully sorted with a reed valve conversion by don scmidt (or some name similar based on the south coast), had a massive amount of rare spares, heads, cylinders, pistons and gearbox internals, the weak part of the engine along with the orginal chrome bore. Also wheels, frame, forks tank etc etc
Don also did liner replacements for the chrome bore.
Sold few years back when prices where good for bikes, with mot and tax and all the spares, cannot remember correctly but less than £400. End of the day its only worth what someone is prepared to pay, and you may have a long wait to find someone who wants it badly enough. I did.:)
Also considered putting in a unit 500 daytona engine in, talked to pat french, and dropped all the bits off at his place in bristol, come to think about it he never returned them or started the conversion to my knowledge:mmmm
gave up and had a chenney 500 for a few years, also a 650 unit mettisse:clap
TBM did a feature on the zundapp about a year ago.
regards
colin

rickman zundapp

as you can see needs some attention .colin sounds like you had some fun on these ,were they quick for a 125 ?cheers jason

Attachments

• DSCN1909.jpg
    DSCN1909.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,575
About 5 years ago I was offered one in running condition for £700, it was, however, in quite good condition

zundapp 125

think they first came out about 71, and they must have been very quick at the time, by the mid 70's other manufacturers were catching up. Problem with the rickman was the geomtry and lack of suspension, as the speeds started to increase and the terrain/track more severe, it struggled.
The british team used the 125 in either the vase or trophy team, I would imagine jim sandiford would have been very quick, however the zundapps the germans used were apparently miles faster according to jim sandiford.
Think it was the late 70's that the isdt became the isde to reflect major changes in that type of event, early and mid 70's you would get a mixed bag of types of bike entered into this type of event, modified road bikes, trail and trial, by the late 70 it was purpose built enduro and modified moto crossers, in other words it evolved into another phase.
Interesting that the rally concept of late is similar to the older format of the enduro/long distance trail, mainly by the older riders? tempted myself but never got round to it yet!

Back
Top Bottom