norway trip anyone ????

johnnyg

looking to go to norway this year, amongst other places, and wondered if anyones going or planning to !!!

Ive booked Newcastle to Stavangar departing on 25th May and returning on 2nd Jun. Taking my 1150 adv and my 21 year old son as pillion.

Staying in Hyttes but no route planned yet.

You are welcome to join us :thumb

In fact the more the merrier :D

sounds good .. can you let me know your booking details ect so i can match them and details of what you have in mind ..hotel, camping , route etc

You can meet me in Flåm 24-25th July, if you like!

Read my thread in ''travel''section.

:) Liv.

A pic for you!
It's Stalheimskleivene, far too from Voss and Gudvangen & Aurland.
There is a thunnel for those who do not want to wet their pants! :p

Attachments

• stalheimskleiveneBuss 81,4kb.jpg
    stalheimskleiveneBuss 81,4kb.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 481
...but Stalheimskleivene are not that scary;
even a girl on a Scarver can do it! ;)

Attachments

• Liv på Scarver kjører opp Stalheimskleiva utsikt sky  50kb .jpg
    Liv på Scarver kjører opp Stalheimskleiva utsikt sky 50kb .jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 479
Norway anoyne?

I've been considering it for a while now, and would like to get over to Norway in 2007. I have 5-7 days available after april, when are you planning to go?
Dan

Going Newcastle to Stavanger on Fri 25th May and returning Sat 2nd June......................be there or be :ymca

I've seen a pic of a place in Norway...looked like a massive rock overhanging cliff over a fjord with very spectacular verticle drop. I think its a famous place with bikers tours etc, but whats it called and where is it...anyone?
p.s. sure I saw the pic in one of the threads on this website but I can't find it now. :nenau

I've been considering it for a while now, and would like to get over to Norway in 2007. I have 5-7 days available after april, when are you planning to go?
Dan

havent confirmed a date yet ... so many trips (morocco, ireland, prague, italy, poland, norway, france)...so little time ..

..what i would like to know is :

when is the best time to go ???
wheres the best places to go ???
and any more relevant info, suggestions or advice

I've seen a pic of a place in Norway...looked like a massive rock overhanging cliff over a fjord with very spectacular verticle drop. I think its a famous place with bikers tours etc, but whats it called and where is it...anyone?
p.s. sure I saw the pic in one of the threads on this website but I can't find it now. :nenau

Preikestolen!
The fjord are Lysefjorden, from Stavanger to Lysebotn.
The pulpit rock / Kjæragbolten are in the same area.
If you want to go to Preikestolen you have to walk the last part. (My mum told me it's not possible to ride a motorbike out there, and it's not legal either.)
But there are boats! Prebook the ferry from Stavanger to Lysebotn, and ride the funny road up to Ørneredet/the Eagles Nest = Øygardstøl, and continue over the mountain. I did that and I went back to Stavanger - I needed one day! You can go the other direction too, if you like.
And there are a campsite and a B&B in Lysebotn, but that is about all.

A quick tip for you:
Surf in my thread called ''Norway Norway Norway'' - I'll be suprised if there is nothing useful there!

Another quick tip:
Sometimes I write ''Norway'' in the search box for searching all over this forum, so if you write ''Norway'' in a thread somewhere, then I'll find your post, if you want me to read it! :thumb

Attachments

• Preikestolen ovenfra firkantet Pulpit 40kb .jpg
    Preikestolen ovenfra firkantet Pulpit 40kb .jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 413

Preikestolen

Stay near Stavanger and take the feery up the fjord under the Preikestoln and return by road - one of the best.

Hurry before it falls down! :eek

;) Liv.

Attachments

• prekstolen siden sprekker.jpg
    prekstolen siden sprekker.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 411
Thanks Liv and Boxer, that looks like the place. :thumb :)

Some day I'm going to ride this road. Lysebotn. Some day. :mmmm

Attachments

• Lysebotn,ikke mitt.jpg
    Lysebotn,ikke mitt.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 270
Some day I'm going to ride this road. Lysebotn. Some day. :mmmm

Done that it great especially the airpin bed in the poorly / un-lit tunnel half way down.

dont forget when you are there tho, to do the five hour hike to the Kerag (boulder between two sheer cliffes) which is over the peaks in the top left of the picture.

Good campsite a bottom too where you can stay before catching boat to Preikestolen and that view - good and yet very small youth hostel to stay at, at the start of the walk to Preikestolen.

Regard

Simon

As I have now retired I am planning to go to Norway from the middle of June to early July. I want to camp in/on the Arctic Circle on midsummer's day/night. I would want to follow the coast as far north as possible as well as any other areas that are good biking country. Other than the above I have no idea what is going to happen. If I get bored with the motorbiking I will have a couple of days walking/mountain biking

At the moment I am going on my own and intend camping wherever possible. My riding habits tend to be an early start (around 8.30) and finish about 5 in the afternoon. I have a 1200GS and tend to ride on the quicker side of average.

I have never been to Norway before but have had wide experience of riding around the rest of Europe both on my own and with friends. If there is anyone who fancies joining me ... just get in touch.

Norway

Have been studying the various Norway posts with interest, as with many people i have long thought about heading over for a tour of sorts.

Those of you that have been before how far can you realistically get over a 2 or 3 week time frame? With a view to either camping or staying in hostels.

A work colleague from Denmark has suggested a loop up to Nordcap and then down via the coast roads.

I have been looking at the ferry routes and obviously for £350+ you can go from Newcastle- Norway return.

I have also looked at the possibility of Uk- Denmark- Norway ie Ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg, Hirtshals to Kristiansand tour Norway then return Stavanger- Newcastle with combined ferry costs equalling approx £300.

Have any of you taken this route or considered it?

Thanks

Stu

Back
Top Bottom