Steptoes Moroccan Dash 2

Does look the bollox:clap

That's too hardcore for me... looks excellent though.

Mileages would be between 4500 to 5000 miles.. In a week....

I think I could do it in about a fortnight... at a push:eek:

Good luck with it fella's :bow :bow :bow

ok then, a vague idea of dates???

Maroccan ones :nenau

i-dates-medjool.jpg

How Experienced do ya need to be?

This looks the dogs doodah! how much off road is there? Did enduro India and that was great but do fancy using the fat GS for a Morrocan Blast! Have done it with the family in a toyota landcruiser ,I know not the same,but really do you reckon its a thing any of us with enough desire could do ? :bow Oh and what month/day are ya thinking of :nenau

Was interested in the trip :moped: last year :rob but had already booked for Belgium GS meeting.:nenau Already booked for GS meeting in Holland at Easter.:bounce1 :bounce1 If trip is not at the same time :bow :bow :bow , count me in:thumb - if Im allowed!!!!!:bow :bow :bow

when is it?

Spread over a week - Saturday thru till the following sunday. Have a good route through morocco in mind.

End of March/ early april . Will get exact dates before the end of this week

Hi steptoe. I expect the piss taking here but here goes. Is this ride do able on an rs rather than a gs? Looking at the photos from last time it seems like a lot of the riding in maroc is tarmac. is there a tarmac alternative to the rougher bits? As it happens I cant make it this time any way (ski, ing already booked) but blasting down to the bottom of maroc and back with only a week of work definately appeals to me:cool:

Is this ride do able on an rs rather than a gs? Looking at the photos from last time it seems like a lot of the riding in maroc is tarmac.

RS would be no trouble, in fact any bike would be suitable. And anyone is welcome.

There will be some small roads, but not going off road, unless you wanted to take an offroad route and meet up further along.

Right, here we go.

Posting up choice of two dates. The date that gets the biggest response is a "goer"

depart Saturday March 24th , return Sunday April 1st .

Or
Depart Saturday 31st March, return Monday April 9th ( easter monday)

Any bike, person welcome. Morocco insurance is available at the border for 5 days.
We'll be seeing lots, doing lots, but most important of all, having fun.

Staying in hotels all the way. Prices last year varied from £8 up to £25 .

They'll be mountain passes, gorges, desert, roman ruins, the village where gladiator was filmed and much much more :D .

If you've got a week to spare, use it.

Lets "go do one on the run" :thumb

If you do the April run we'll be there on the SUYB run , we might even let you have a cold beer out of the fridge :beer:

Attachments

• Sand Up Your Bum 1.jpg
    Sand Up Your Bum 1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 734

Back
Top Bottom