Which Bluetooth Headset

Beemer Joe

I am purchasing a Shoei Multitec flip. I want to be able to use a bluetooth enabled GPS and phone and do not want all the hassle of wiring or garotting myself when I forget that I am connected. Anybody any experience of bluetooth headsets and, if so, which ones are worth having.:confused:

I am purchasing a Shoei Multitec flip. I want to be able to use a bluetooth enabled GPS and phone and do not want all the hassle of wiring or garotting myself when I forget that I am connected. Anybody any experience of bluetooth headsets and, if so, which ones are worth having.:confused:

I am using a Scala Rider Cardo bluetooth which fits neatly to the side of helmet. Only using it for phone, but works well, clear reception etc, and long battery life.

Don't see why it wouldn't work with GPS as well, but don't think it will cancel out GPS prompts if you are taking a call on the phone???

£99 from Infinity

Great piece of kit

Thanks for that. I was looking at one of those at Radio-uk for £76 ish. The other one was the Albrecht Rider but I notice on the photo that it is made by Cardo and costs £148. I wonder if the difference is just the name?

Nice choice of lid Ian! Sometimes I wish I'd gone for flipfront... Are you going to install an autocom system the bike?

Anybody any experience of bluetooth headsets and, if so, which ones are worth having.:confused:

I think Steptoe has one ;)

imag00103rh.jpg

Nice choice of lid Ian! Sometimes I wish I'd gone for flipfront... Are you going to install an autocom system the bike?
I'm toying with the idea of a Garmin Zumo550 when I save some pennies. It has blootooth. I think it has mp3 as well. My overall aim is to reduce the amount of wiring and different pieces of kit on the beast and I am hoping that my cunning plan will work.

I am using a Scala Rider Cardo bluetooth which fits neatly to the side of helmet. Only using it for phone, but works well, clear reception etc, and long battery life.

Don't see why it wouldn't work with GPS as well, but don't think it will cancel out GPS prompts if you are taking a call on the phone???

£99 from Infinity

Great piece of kit
I didn't think it could recieve audio from two bluetooth devices
at the same time with these headsets :nenau.

I've a flip-lid and was thinking of a bluetooth headset for it,
Padge (on this site) has the Cardo Rider head set too. He said
it's da biz so I went to order one and found they now have a built
in FM reciever.

So I was thinking, if the audio from your GPS
was plugged into a FM transmitter then with the headset's radio
reciever you could take calls that would be over ridden by the phone
(transmitted by bluetooth).:thumb

If the Headset can take two bluetooth inputs at the same time then
forget what I said above.:eek:

Daithi, your FM idea has a slight touch of genius about it... but there may be a way around it with the Zumo.
The Cardo Rider quality is very good and a bargain for 70quid..

The Zumo seems to have the ability to pair with 2 bluetooth devices.
It also allows you to import your phonebook..
One of the Zumo owners may be able to confirm this, but it seems you pair the Bluetooth headset to the Zumo and let it control your phone...
So Lefty-righty-straighty instructions....ring ring...Hello?

I didn't think it could recieve audio from two bluetooth devices
at the same time with these headsets :nenau.

I've a flip-lid and was thinking of a bluetooth headset for it,
Padge (on this site) has the Cardo Rider head set too. He said
it's da biz so I went to order one and found they now have a built
in FM reciever.

So I was thinking, if the audio from your GPS
was plugged into a FM transmitter then with the headset's radio
reciever you could take calls that would be over ridden by the phone
(transmitted by bluetooth).:thumb

If the Headset can take two bluetooth inputs at the same time then
forget what I said above.:eek:

Daithi, your FM idea has a slight touch of genius about it... but there may be a way around it with the Zumo.
The Cardo Rider quality is very good and a bargain for 70quid..

The Zumo seems to have the ability to pair with 2 bluetooth devices.
It also allows you to import your phonebook..
One of the Zumo owners may be able to confirm this, but it seems you pair the Bluetooth headset to the Zumo and let it control your phone...
So Lefty-righty-straighty instructions....ring ring...Hello?
Sounds like it's the mutts nuts!!

scala-rider

Am i right in thinking these scala-rider's are mono one speaker.
not stereo as in two speaker's.

Yeah.. Mono..
Radio is a good add on for pure convenience when you just couldn't be bothered with wires...

Sound is clear and loud for a phone and when you must hear the news etc, but not quite seinheiser audiophile stuff.

Am i right in thinking these scala-rider's are mono one speaker.
not stereo as in two speaker's.

Daithi, your FM idea has a slight touch of genius about it... ?

I was just checking on my order of the Cardo, turns out I ordered the wrong one
I've ordered the Cardo Team set, which has a seperate Pillion headset, but no FM reciever. :(
Still might be able to use the second headset and the FM transmitter to get Mono on both sides. :eek:

Cellular is sending me 2 units for testing and reviewing. Should have it all done by next week...

Have a look at these headsets called interphone, they also have a bike to bike bluetooth as well as phone & Gps function, i will be buying some soon as i have been assured by http://www.cellularline.com/base/index_e.html that they will work with the nav 3 you can get them from OGK shop here is another link scroll down the page & its the last one to be reviewed
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/bluetooth-intercom.htm
Hope this helps
leman
Cheers leman.

It might be worth waiting to see how they perform. A bit pricey though.

Again showing my ignorance, what is the OGK shop?

OGK shop sell ogk & nitro helmets http://www.ogk-shop.com/, they do seem pricey, but at the moment only OGK shop are selling them in the UK, i believe at this weekends UK motorcycle trade only expo more dealers will be appointed so prices may become more reasonable ?

Have a look at these headsets called interphone, they also have a bike to bike bluetooth as well as phone & Gps function, i will be buying some soon as i have been assured by http://www.cellularline.com/base/index_e.html that they will work with the nav 3 you can get them from OGK shop here is another link scroll down the page & its the last one to be reviewed
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/bluetooth-intercom.htm
Hope this helps
leman
Please let us know the outcome of your purchase.

Posted an article on my site yesterday about another BT headset, made specially for motorcycles, called HelloBiker.

Posted an article on my site yesterday about another BT headset, made specially for motorcycles, called HelloBiker.

Who are the UK dealers for this?. I'm after a stereo BT headset for the zumo. Ie...listen to music as well from the SD crad on the zumo. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom