Mapsource/City Nav Replacement (new GPSR)

GlynnJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just received my shiny new 2610 from GPSW.

Previously I had an SPIII running City Nav 8. That copy of CN 8 was also used with an i3, so there is no spare unlock code.

I am right in thinking that I must completely uninstall the old Mapsource and CN8 and install the versions received with the new GPSR? If so, is there any potential disaster to look out for. I will save my routes and waypoints first ;)

Also, if I want to upload maps to the old SPIII or i3, I guess I must install Mapsource & CN8 on a separate computer?

GJ

I have just received my shiny new 2610 from GPSW.

Previously I had an SPIII running City Nav 8. That copy of CN 8 was also used with an i3, so there is no spare unlock code.

I am right in thinking that I must completely uninstall the old Mapsource and CN8 and install the versions received with the new GPSR? If so, is there any potential disaster to look out for. I will save my routes and waypoints first ;)

Also, if I want to upload maps to the old SPIII or i3, I guess I must install Mapsource & CN8 on a separate computer?

GJ

Surely you have an unlock code for each unit, won't they all run off the same PC.

I was under the impression that one set of software could only be unlocked for two separate units. This 2610 would make three. I have the additional software but assume that two instances will not co-exist on the same PC so I have to delete the original setup.

But I may be wrong, hence the question (asked before I feck everything up!)

[edit] Just thought: maybe I can install the second instance of CN8 into a non-default folder and keep both?

You can put several hundred unlock codes into MapSource on the PC and it will work fine

The 2 GPS limit is per registration code

Just make sure you have the same mapping product and version loaded as you have on your new GPS

Back
Top Bottom