plymouth santander

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to northen spain in may,has anybody any advice on ferry discounts,or cheapish fares.There will be four of us going all on gs`s,are cabins compulsory on these crossings.I am also looking for decent hotels in the picos

Hi Lewis

Only way to find out about discounts is to hit their website or 'phone them. The minimum overnight "accommodation" you can book is a reclining seat. From memory their are only 16 on their newest boat, the Pont Aven, and maybe double that on the Val de Loire. Either way, early booking is essential or you'll find yourself paying for a cabin.

Can't help with the hotels as I always camp.

Regards, Mick :beerjug:

I will be going there in june. The portsmouth to bilbao ferry worked out a lot
cheaper for me.The only downside to this is the extra time spent on the ferry,
but iam only using it for the outward journey.

Hotel Del Oso between Potes and Funte De.
33336636-M.jpg

32922772-L.jpg

I wouldn't use the ferry again since I puked all the the way there and back last time, and that was after a 10hr wait for the delayed outbound ferry.

Try Acciona Ferries, I think they've started this route now and are usually cheaper than Brit/P&O etc.

If there are 4 of you going then I would have thought the additional cost of a cabin would not be much more than each of you paying for a reclining seat? I always find the reclining seats awful to sleep in and for the sake of say £40 each extra, it would be nice to arrive in santander showered and refreshed. And think of all that male bonding you will be able to achieve with 4 guys in leather in a small cabin for 18 hours......

If you go for reclining seats, maybe take one of those £5 camping mats to sleep on the floor and just leave it on the boat when you get to spain. I found the floor comfier than the seat.

Hmm - just looked for a potential trip for myself early june. With reclining seat - £135. With 2 person cabin: £300. Reclining seat it is.

Has anyone used Acconia Ferries on this route. We are planning to go to the Moto GP in Estoril this September and thought to use P&O. Had a quote from them a couple of weeks back at aroung £300 each return for 2 bikes and riders sharing a double cabin. Have just rung a web site re the Acconia Ferry and was quoted £139 each return in a shared cabin. The girl has to make a phone call to confirm this, but seems too good to be true. Will keep peeps informed.

Has anyone used Acconia Ferries on this route. We are planning to go to the Moto GP in Estoril this September and thought to use P&O. Had a quote from them a couple of weeks back at aroung £300 each return for 2 bikes and riders sharing a double cabin. Have just rung a web site re the Acconia Ferry and was quoted £139 each return in a shared cabin. The girl has to make a phone call to confirm this, but seems too good to be true. Will keep peeps informed.

ive just uesd portsmouth-bilbao.plenty of straps.29 hours total time,VIP class very comfy ,standard class basic but fine, food=£6.00 a go incl a drink,just starp the bike youself and then check with a crew member that their happy.
just remember to take something to do for 20 hours crossword/word search/book to read.:thumb

I have just booked with Acciona (hope I havent made a mistake)

Departs June 25th at 12.00 arrives June 26th at 17.00.

Premium class cabin double bed outside view £145.00 me Jude & bike.

P&O wanted £249.00

Will probably find out that Acciona is a cattle truck (hope not)

Bob

I will be going there in june. The portsmouth to bilbao ferry worked out a lot
cheaper for me.The only downside to this is the extra time spent on the ferry,
but iam only using it for the outward journey.

I have now changed my mind,plymouth to santander just booked on web
early june.The reason is a lot less time spent on ferry+ got it for same price.
I will just have to rough it on the seat for one night.

I have just booked with Acciona (hope I havent made a mistake)

Departs June 25th at 12.00 arrives June 26th at 17.00.

Premium class cabin double bed outside view £145.00 me Jude & bike.

P&O wanted £249.00

Will probably find out that Acciona is a cattle truck (hope not)

Bob

Bob - What site did you use to book this. i had a look at acconia.com and couldn't figure out what the heck to do?

Plymouth-Santander.

One of you book a four berth cabin the other three book couchettes and split the difference.

Hi Bateman

Like you I could not make the site work so I gave them a call 08717 206445.

Which takes you through to there ofice in Spain, after the finish gabbling on in Spanish just say what you want and they will put you through to an English speaking operator, they seem really keen to help.

After booking they will give you a refference number and a ticket number and thats it nothing by post, so I asked them to confirm by email which they did within a few minutes.

Bob

Bit of a story but finally managed to book the ferry. Not able to book via AT ferries as their computer wouldn't allow them to book 2 bikes and only one cabin. They suggested contacting the ferry people direct. First try and the guy couldn'r speak much English, second try and a different guy said he couldn't get the prices up on his computer screen and suggested ringing back in a couple of months. Finally got through to a supervisor who sorted it out. Less than £400 and over £200 cheaper than P&O. Good result I think, bit still haven't had email confirmation.

Still waiting for Email confirmation despite 3 phone calls and an E mail!

Back
Top Bottom