Insurance

nedflanders

Reaction score
Had a lovely letter from Norwich Union informing me that they'll no longer be covering M/C's stored outside the UK anymore, so from March I need to find alternative cover, whats the best UK company for BFG bikes at the minute?:)

Click the Ebike link above. Their policy allows you to have your bike in Europe for 365 days of the year. You will need a UK address for correspondence and on which the premium will be based: so pick a relative who lives in a low risk area...

Had a lovely letter from Norwich Union informing me that they'll no longer be covering M/C's stored outside the UK anymore, so from March I need to find alternative cover, whats the best UK company for BFG bikes at the minute?:)

Why a UK company why not try LVM, speak to Barker Car Sales next to the bakery on Piepenturmweg or O'Girkes who deal with AXA but LVM has very cheap premiums.

Why a UK company why not try LVM, speak to Barker Car Sales next to the bakery on Piepenturmweg or O'Girkes who deal with AXA but LVM has very cheap premiums.

Spot On Steve.....I changed from AXA to LVM This month and safed about 40 €

Will give them ago but thought fully comp was a problem (read expensive) with German companies.

Well I can't remember what my quote was if I had the same amount of no claims for the bike as i had with the car but it was extremely cheap for fully comp. Unfortunately what with not having a bike from 1999 I didn't have any no claims discount but Axa quoted me 71 euros TPFT and LVM quoted me 21 euros per month so not to be sniffed at, especially as I wasn't using the bike for the time between April and now. I hope that they give you a good quote, I know someone tried them last year when I got mine but because he had just taken his insurance out with another company he couldn't change until this year but he would have saved a fortune.

Will give them ago but thought fully comp was a problem (read expensive) with German companies.

I have been insured with LVM for the last 5 years, and you are right, German insurance for fully Comp is bloody expensive. I pay around €190 for TPFT, but it is around €2,000 for fully comp.
If anyone does find cheap Fully Comp, let me know pse.

I trust thats for a year!!!!

i pay around 39 bucks a month tpft through someone in paderborn, cant think of the name though, i think my higher premium is due to my extreme youthfulness!!
in 6 years i have not found a single company in germany that do reasonable fully comp.

p.s hopefuly back in 2 weeks,

ps I REALLY HATE LECCY

Have you tried AXA directly?

I have been insured with LVM for the last 5 years, and you are right, German insurance for fully Comp is bloody expensive. I pay around €190 for TPFT, but it is around €2,000 for fully comp.
If anyone does find cheap Fully Comp, let me know pse.

I am insured with AXA through a local AXA agent in MG. With three years no-claims and aged 33 I am paying around 650 Euros, Fully Comp including legal protection and breakdown cover for my 05 GS12. The bike is German registered though. Drop me a line if you need the number. :thumb2

Regards

Andy

Back
Top Bottom