Easy route past Madrid???

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok I know that Spain's a lovely place and deserves a proper look around.

However, on this occasion I just need to get from Bilbao to Almeria ASAP, and the natural route seems to take me straight past Madrid.

Any way I can avoid this without lengthening the journey to much?

Is there a decent ringroad so in fact I can pass Madrid but won't need to drop below 90????

PaulG
(El otro)

Yep, there's a new motorway that goes round to the east...the M50 IIRC.

It wasn't fully open in November but I imagine it will be now :thumb

A1 - M30 - A4 got us through Madrid quick enough last year. Auto route all the way.

Attachments

• ScreenShot011.jpg
    ScreenShot011.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 144
The route posted by Whatton is fine. The Madrid ring road is nowhere near as bad as the North Circular, the M25 or the Paris Periferique!

Greg

Yep, there's a new motorway that goes round to the east...the M50 IIRC.

It wasn't fully open in November but I imagine it will be now :thumb

it was'nt open on the 06/01/07 and at 19.30 pm was a nightmare.
i would of picked the m25/A406 any time.
in the morning 0f the 07/01/07 i took a wrong turn and ended in the city centre and its being dug up and then i pulled the wire out of my garmin headset.with the sun behind me,have you ever tried to see the screen on a
2160 with the spanish sunlight beeming down.it aint nice:tears

I've been through Madrid many times on my way South or returning. I was very concerned at first, but it's quite easy if you miss the rush hours. Landing at Bilbao you should be past Madrid by 1 or 2pm, and there's no problem at that time.

Follow the E5, I think it's signposted Oceana/Cordoba and it's straight through.

Iv'e easily made Marbella numerous times in a day from Bilbao so Almeria should be no problem.

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

Mike

Back
Top Bottom