Trail Riders Fellowship 2007

Clive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just gotten around to renewing my TRF membership, after my second reminder :augie

If you are already a member of the TRF then :thumb

If not, then consider joining - only £30 per year. You never know, one day you may decide to try out the GS down some trail or other and the existence of the TRF may have kept one or two left open ;)

http://www.trf.org.uk/

im a member too ... i go to the wilts TRF meets (when i remember what day they are on :eek: )

I have just gotten around to renewing my TRF membership, after my second reminder :augie

If you are already a member of the TRF then :thumb

If not, then consider joining - only £30 per year. You never know, one day you may decide to try out the GS down some trail or other and the existence of the TRF may have kept one or two left open ;)

http://www.trf.org.uk/

Hi Clive
I've been looking into joining, I'll be popping along next week to my local(ish) meeting and I'll see how it go's from there.:bounce1
Planning any more weekend rideouts? Will you be coming to the Advrider weekend in Rhayader on September 22-23 ( check the links out in the Wales section, if you havent already). All the best. Jason :thumb

Hi Clive
I've been looking into joining, I'll be popping along next week to my local(ish) meeting and I'll see how it go's from there.:bounce1
Planning any more weekend rideouts? Will you be coming to the Advrider weekend in Rhayader on September 22-23 ( check the links out in the Wales section, if you havent already). All the best. Jason :thumb

Just a quick note as a recent new member of the TRF.
Don't expect too much from your first meeting. I know that many people who join clubs (not just TRF) are a little disappointed that they don't feel included from the start.
After you have been to a few meetings and rides the room will no longer be filled with strangers but with people who you know.
I was made welcome enough at my first meeting but I simply did not know anyone. Now after being on some trails with them it is far easier to make conversation and share experiences. It isn't hard because the room is full of people who love trail riding.:beerjug:

Tried phoning the local TRF guy but there was no answer, I'll try again but failing to get a response I will just have to turn up on the night. Just not sure what to expect on the night.

TRF new member

Hi
Feel free to go along to the monthly meeting - no one will demand to see a paid up membership.
From my experience in Sussex it's usually a very informal affair. If they don't specifically speak about a new member's run ask any of the peope present to point out who you should speak to arrange joining a run. It's not necessarily the contact mentioned on the website.

Like joining any club it's helps to "put yourself about". If you pm me (to remind me) I'll check my copy of the TRF monthly mag to make sure you have the correct contact details for your group

Regards
David

Tried phoning the local TRF guy but there was no answer, I'll try again but failing to get a response I will just have to turn up on the night. Just not sure what to expect on the night.

IIRC the local trf meets now at bedwas rugby club, which is also the location of the caerphilly m/c club (they do mostly off road events rides etc etc, tuesday nights, trf monthly meet is the first tuesday of the month, from memory

I did get in touch prior to the monthly meet but I was informed that they dont meet in August due to the amount of people away on hols. But I'll probably go to the September meet.

Back
Top Bottom