Hmm....seen this ? Whaddya think ?

I agree it is an interesting piece of technology.

I think that in about 1-2 years time, there will be quite an array of equipment from different supliers which means:- 1. choice, 2. possible price reduction and 3. each manufacturer will come at the same technology but with their particular slant which should make it more interesting.

Having recently seen the new Kodak digital camera with the huge Organic LCD on it's rear panel and compared it directly with my own and others. It wins hands down on the ability for the human eye to see at acute angles, also, and I don't know why, it appears far clearer and easier to read.

When this technology is married to a waterproof GPS system, then that's when I think I'll start to seriously think about getting one. Until then, they are not on my shopping basket list.

Mick.

They seem to be priced at around US $590 which compared to a simple GPS only unit , makes it very cheap. My GPS V cost about $900 (a couple of years back -now you can get them for a lot less of course). Nonetheless it's a nice looking bit of kit - good size, price seems good - like you say - damn shame it's not waterproof - which my GPS V is :D

Back
Top Bottom