Which Zumo?

Diver Dan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a new 12GSA, traded my 1150GSA against it along with my old BMW Navigator 1, so I need a new GPS.

Was thinking of the Garmin Zumo, either the 500 or 550. I have autocom fitted to my bike so I prefer to hard wire the voice prompts via the autocom unit rather than bluetooth.
Does Zumo allow a hard wire from autocom to plug in or is it bluetooth only??

I think the 500 seems better value. I see there is now a 450, but is it only available in the USA or can it be purchased with European map data??:aidan

Cheers

From looking at the numerous posts around xmas it seems the 550 is actually better value.

500 is only UK/IRL
550 is all of Yurp and comes with Car kit too so this seems to make it worth the extra 100 quid.

They're both Bluetooth

I think there is also a post on the Autocom cable being particular pricey.

Thanks Padge,

So it seems there is an autocom cable for it, which is good.

Just had the new 12GSA delivered a couple of hours ago, it is fekin lovely!!

Like the quote from the Commitments mate, one of my favourite movies.:aidan

Keep an eye on the posts in this section.. There's a few runs planned in the next few weeks so we can guarantee to get that 12GSA filthy (as it should be)..
Much and Scratches on the cylinder head guards will be optional but shows you're enjoying yourself...

... And the Commitments... Written by my secondary school Geography teacher!

Thanks Padge,

So it seems there is an autocom cable for it, which is good.

Just had the new 12GSA delivered a couple of hours ago, it is fekin lovely!!

Like the quote from the Commitments mate, one of my favourite movies.:aidan

O.K. mate, I'll keep an eye on the site for runs out, just spent the evening preping the bike for tomorrow.

The GS tank bag doesn't seem to fit because of the cross bar on the handlebars, which is a bit of a bummer, cause I need something to put the transeiver in and my mp3 player.

Hopefully heading to Donegal tomorrow for a wee run just to get a few miles on the clock.

The comic Mr. Doyle must have made an ingteresting geography teacher.....did you learn much about geography??:mmmm

I have got a GSA12 with zumo 550 and active 7 autocom, I run the zumo through the radio lead connector from autocom which works a treat,:thumb2 , So far i have only used it via the zumos mp3 and voice props for the sat nav which work ok but the autocom won`t quiet down the mp3 if you speak via its vox unit ?,If you understand what i mean??.
I may need to re look at it or buy the new lead :eek:

Back
Top Bottom