E-trex

muzvmc

Reaction score
Anyone out there used an e-trex with mapsource?
I use mine with tracklogs for Mountain biking ect but wondered how well it would work if I buy map source europe. I know that I'll have to plot routes on the comp and download to the unit but wondered how well this works.
It is the newer model with an sd card.
Any comments?

I use a Vista cx with City navigator v8 and a 1 gb micro sd card. Does full routing and track back. Controls aren't suitable for using with motorbike gloves on and the screen is a tad small but it is a fantastic unit. Fits handly in a pocket to when off bike.
The Etrex are software specific so be carefull which you buy. You'll need either City select or City Navigator to be able to use routing. Check unit software compatability on the Garmin site.
I got given a copy of Metroguide Europe but could only follow tracks i downloaded from pc.
Hope this helps. :thumb2

Paul

Great, thanks for that. just wanted to know if it was worth buying the software to go on it.

Great, thanks for that. just wanted to know if it was worth buying the software to go on it.
Regarding the cost of the software; you might be better buying a 2610 (£180 ish) which will come with CNavigator + a spare unlock. That way, you get a 'free' GPS :D

Back
Top Bottom