Roads around the Verdon Gorge, S.France

Tractorpilot

Reaction score
Channel surfing the other day I came across an old episode of Top Gear (yeah - get a life...).

It was the one where :mcgun Clarkson (the legendary hater of motorised two wheel machines) in an Audi RS4 gets beaten :clap :clap by a speed climber/base jumper in a race where he goes straight up and down the Gorge walls while Clarkson does a 60 mile alternate route down roads he described as the most difficult and second most difficult in Europe (hmmmmm).

So does anyone know which roads they were? I got as far as figuring out it was the Verdon gorge but could not tell exactly what the route was. They looked like fun.:thumb

The roads run along the gorge, on both sides. D957 and D952.

Another good road ( aren't they all) in the area is the D14. From junction 10 of the A57 to Cogolin . I did that once on a laverda Jota :angel

I'd go out of season and early morning unless you like coaches!I was there in late September last year and it was pretty busy even then.
Tony

Just round the corner from me, well 2 hours away. Superb in May or September before and after the touroids arrive or after they've left. Stunning and superb bike roads.

Back
Top Bottom