Wunderlich Screen

Anthony Reddock

I'm thinking about shelling out for a Wunderlich screen. Has any one tried one, are they any good?(Std screen causes me major buffeting at anything over 70mph and I'm only 5ft9in!!

Screen

I've just ordered one after a long chat with a very nice man @ SPC should be with me Friday.

Had exactly this same issues with the standard one.

I was going to get a MRA but they advised me they would not be selling them any more due to Vibration problems with the upper screen.

I'll let you know how I fare.

Graham:cool:

Thanks for the speedy replies -knew I'd find a use for this bloody computer thingumy in the end .Please let me know how your Wunderlich performs.
By the way-the name is Tony-----ANTHONY was only my mother trying to prove she had a sense of humour!

My MRA screen has performed ok over last 5-6000 miles and I don't get any real bad vibe problems with upper screen.It performs far better than any other screen I have tried (with exception of RT1100 electric screen).
The MRA screen is great and in Das Mottorad (German Bike Mag) the screen got rave reviews. From others experiences some people have had problems with the Ermax/Wunderlich screens.
If they don't fit you there's not a lot you can do - but at least with MRA you can trim it to suit all heights and sizes.

Attachments

• menwith hill.jpg
    menwith hill.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 534
ermax

Hi Tony
When i got the bike the ermax screen was already on it
I'm 5'8 and seat at low have no buffeting saying that i have ridden
gs's with original screens and the only difference was wind noise
the ermax is thinner than original but is stable at speed
mine is at it's lowest setting so i can see over it

hope this helps

mark

Attachments

• poster1.gif
    84.6 KB · Views: 475
Givi screen

I had the same problems (at 5' 8") with the standard screen and ended up with a Givi screen as I'd used them on other bikes and generally found them excellent quality and effective and have to say this is no different.

I need it on the lowest setting so I can see over it but there's a distinct lack of buffeting and I don't get flies on my shoulders anymore. Good for near ton cruising anyway.

It's thicker than the standard screen and fits very well and costs around 70 quid (I'm not sure exactly how much as I bought a whole load of other stuff from the shop at the same time and got a few quid off)

Cheers

Gauloises,

Your screen is the ERMAX but the newer Wunderlich model looks more like the one on the Adventurer. It was advertised in the BMW Club Magazine last month at £110 I think. I don't know much about it.

By the way, where'd you get the natty headlight protectors ?

Alex

Hi Alex
I don't no either, the ermax was about £100
if your thinking about screens pop across and you could have a go on mine.
The lamp guard is of an adventure

mark (Bournemouths sole GSer ? )

Gauloises

The headlamp protector is sold by Touratech through Bracken Mtr Cycles Phone 02072321814 and they'll send you the catalogue
regards
Tony Reddock

Hi Tony

(The headlamp protector is sold by Touratech through Bracken Mtr Cycles Phone 02072321814 and they'll send you the catalogue )

Not the one on my bike they don't, i wish they did may have been slightly cheaper !
bracken send me a catalogue nearly every month i don't know
why.
Do you mean the perspex one ?

mark :confused:

Gauloises,

Yes, I should have guessed it was an Adventurer protector - it looks good on your bike against the blue/white finish. Dream Machine did a super job on it by the way !!

I have an identical screen to your one (ie the Ermax) except mine is the clear as opposed to the tint finish. I am thinking of maybe spending the extra and also buying the new Wunderlich screen although I may have to sell the Ermax to avoid my wife criticising the ongoing cash spend on the bike.

I'm about 10 miles west of Southampton, near Ashurst/Totton. I must confess I've NEVER seen a GS1150 in Bournemouth so you might truly be the sole GSer in that nice part of the country. I guess your nearest dealership is CW ?

Will you be at Beaulieu on 28th or 29th ?

Alex B

Gauloises
You're right about that headlamp protector, got my wires crossed with the perspex one.I must stop drinking this red wine in the afternoon.
Regards
Tony Reddock

WunderLunch Arives

My WunderLunch Screen Arrived at Friday as SPC promised it's great.

Half way between a standard screen and the Ermax I had previously in height and slightly wider ala new adventurer screen. Defo improvement on both I have tried previously. It also has no lip - curl at the top edge which I believe caused a lot of the turbulence.

Attached a couple of piccys

Regards

Graham

Attachments

• git.jpg
    git.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Update on Screen Experience

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wot should I say -

Not bad at all - not to much turbalance relatively quiet even with the Arai.
One moan the holes it pivots on are to large for the black clampy thingys and the sceen will move up and down a bit - small amount of contack adsive fixed it.

My spelling getting werss must get a new PC.

Any body want a Ermax ?

Regards

Graham

I have the new Wunderlich screen (bought from SPC), as sported by 'Needlongerlegs' above.

Before I bought the screen, Miles at SPC lent me his and I spent the morning blasting up and down the A-what-ever-it is (Alton bypass), trying the screen in all positions.

Whereas, I preferred the stock screen in the most vertical position, the Wunderlich works best for me in the most laid back position.

I've done a few long runs since I bought it. Make no mistake, you still get buffeted pretty much, but the nature of the buffeting has changed. With the stock screen, I always felt that there was a high-frequency buffeting going on (the sort that would have your fillings vibrate). That's all gone now. Worth the Alderley!;)

GOT 1

wunderlich tall screen in good nick£50. + p&p if anybody wants it . cda69@hotmail.com to be brutally honist it didnt work 4 me but it came with bike as did an ermax tall one on 1100 that done nothing either reverted to standard screen on both bikes & the results suited me better and the bike looks like its spossed to, I mean i`ve seen some real mean big screens ( specialy on the yanky gser site )
they look like there off a Mk II ford cortina, total sh*t,,, SORRY to try an flog this as I`m not a sponser but for fifty smakers I`m doin some one a favour if they think they need a bigger screen , of course it wont do em any good but at least I`ll get me bullseye to piss up and have a proper crim-bo ,,please thankme Dog

Dog,

from your post you are clearly aware that, in order to place an advert on the board, you need to become a forum sponsor. Please do this by clicking on the 'Sponsor' button at the top centre of the screen and following the prompts.

Mike:)

FS&W Moderator

And his wrist was well and truly smacked

Back
Top Bottom