New bike. Head or heart?

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yesterday my very special GSPD found a new guardian.

Today I was supposed to be picking up an almost new CCM 644 as my new offroad bike. My head tells me this is the bike most suitable for my needs although I feel no real excitement about going to pick it up so I'm not going today.

BUT

The thought of getting a newish type Husaberg 450fe gets my pulse racing, I blab on about them to my partner, she says go with what excites you most, after all that's what it's all about.

I'm well aware of the ups and downs of them and many have tried to put me off but still the devil inside leads me towards one.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Heart always - A 450 Berg will awsome and I still have some spares including sprockets and servicing stuff if you need them.

Gwan gwan gwan, you know you want to :)

When you are old (er ;) ) you'll only regret the things you didn't do, not the things you did ....

Owning a Ducati was the worst motorcycling experience of my life except for the old brit iron I used to run. I'm still glad I did it though :thumb2

BUT

The thought of getting a newish type Husaberg 450fe gets my pulse racing, I blab on about them to my partner, she says go with what excites you most, after all that's what it's all about.

you Lucky Sod my wife is always telling me to sell my bikes,what do you need 3 for !! Its a real battle! must be nice to have a partner who's into Bikes,:thumb2 :thedummy :101 :moped: oh and go with your heart the husky is the one!!

Heart always - A 450 Berg will awsome and I still have some spares including sprockets and servicing stuff if you need them.

Gwan gwan gwan, you know you want to :)

Thanks I may take you up on that:thumb

All was going well about the decision, I had bought new sprokets and a few bits for the CCM until... a phone call from RickA:spitfire ;)

I've ridden his new 450, and may do again tomorrow. He tells me of one on Ebay, which as it happens I'd already seen;) .
I immediately felt both a relief and....well you know that feeling you get when a pretty woman you've fancied for ages smiles at you.

Perhaps I'm smitten, but have been there before with a pretty woman who was no good for me.

you Lucky Sod my wife is always telling me to sell my bikes,what do you need 3 for !! Its a real battle! must be nice to have a partner who's into Bikes,:thumb2 :thedummy :101 :moped: QUOTE]

Yes it does help, but I would do it anyway:p :D

She's gone on her rounds to trim horses hooves on her bike today:thumb2

I think she may have an eye on my DR650:mad: but there's no way she would dare even sit on a Berg:thumb

Keep the money safe, sell the DR, flog one of the horses to the glue factory and do what you actually really want to.....go buy an HP2 ;)

You know you ain't gonna be happy 'til you've got one :D

Keep the money safe, sell the DR, flog one of the horses to the glue factory and do what you actually really want to.....go buy an HP2 ;)

'My' horse unfortunately belongs to someone else. Can you believe she paid £40K for him 10 years ago:eek: :eek: , but as you say the glue factory could be an option now;) .

anyway feck off putting HP2s back into my head:D :D

do what you actually really want to.....go buy an HP2 ;)

I suspect that you are correct Bill. Feck it Tim, go the whole hog now while you are at it.

Anyway, it's only money and have you ever seen a hearse with a built-in safe?

anyway feck off putting HP2s back into my head:D :D

Oooh but sir, suits you sir!!!!!

Wouldn't you like to give it to her sir? Wouldn't you??

Can't you see yourself straddling her sir?????

Would you like to ride her hard sir???

OOOo suits you sir, suits you!!!!!

HP2.jpg

:eyebrow

:dabone :D

heart.

er , no , head

NO, heart!

er, er, head head head.

NO!! HEART.

Oh stuff it, get an HP2.

I was going to tell you to get an HP2,but I thought you had made your mind up,but you haven't,have you,go on,HP2,you know you want one,it's all you'd ever need.

Has she got the nag insured.40k,I'll bang it on the head for a cut.Tell you what,you buy a HP2 with the proceeds,and I'll waste the nag for nothing.Can't say fairer than that:beerjug:

HP2...............the CCM644 is only a Suzuki DR650 with a different chassis and you've already got a DR650
So you'll soon be bored and CCM residuals :eek:

Buy a Trials bike or an Airhead GS special.............like me :bounce1 :bounce1

:thumb Heart, every time!:thumb

When we spoke about 'Bergs the other day, I was convinced that you were going to get one, so imagine my surprise when a picture of the CCM came up. Now don't get me wrong, I've quite a soft spot for them (raced an Armstrong in the 80's) but they are no longer "exciting" bikes. You already have the DR, why buy another variant of the same?:nenau
Get a 'Berg, you won't understand until you've owned one. Love it or hate it, at least you will have experienced it.
I wish I still had mine, the Honda was a "head" purchase during my upheaval. It does it's job, but doesn't make me want to ride it at every opportunity.
Mark

I'll bang it on the head for a cut.Tell you what,you buy a HP2 with the proceeds,and I'll waste the nag for nothing.Can't say fairer than that:beerjug:

Vern

I'll hold yer coat while you do it ...:clap

It's a funny thing.:confused: I reckon there are two types of bike that win your heart.
First, the GSPD did as it was just a great bike to be with, like a good companion.

I can't make my mind up about the HP2, I did have a whole day trail riding in Wales and a blast on Rick's in Morocco and if I had one I know I'd love it, my kind of bike:rose although expensive.

But I dunno it's an easy bike to ride, well balanced, comfy, powerful etc etc.

Second, the Berg is light as a feather and really handles, when you ride it on fast rocky tracks it becomes an extension of you... a riders bike:green gri

:blast :blast :blast

The HP2 is rather nice.

I am still running mine in but first impressions are quite good, apart from a very slight oil leak from one of the cam chain adjusters, Oh and the fact that every time my wife walks past she points at it and says "Nice bathroom and kitchen" :thumb

Top woman she is :)

Back
Top Bottom