F650GS Screen

If you've got a standard GS screen, try a Dakar one, Im 6ft2 and ride a Dakar and have no problems with buffeting.

I am considering the Dakar screen, Jan is 5'8" and suffers from buffeting (ther was a time when I would have said wind but with you lot .........) with the curved "sport screen" on her F650GS Tour
The Ergo screen looks to have more width. I have an 1150GS and the std screen has problems with the "flip" does the dakar screen "flip" cause turbulance?

Roger

No problem with the flip at all, that seems to be perculiar to the 1150 screen

Roger said;
Jan is 5'8" and suffers from buffeting (ther was a time when I would have said wind but with you lot .........)
Give it time Roger, we'll find something double-entendre about "buffeting" I'm sure.................. :rolleyes:

I had the BMW high screen & the Dakar one on my std GS before I changed to a 650 Dakar.

I found the Dakar one much better. I'm 6'2"/6'3" and found the BMW high screen directed the air at the top of my chest/neck, whereas the Dakar threw it over the top.

Another trick is to put the small grey bikini fairing on under the high screen. I'm told this allows some air thru, bit like Tobys tobinator affair for the 1150, and so stops turbulence.

Ermax screen

Just tried an Ermax screen and it does the job, but it's a dark tint and I'm of short stature and it keeps going dark. No good for night time riding, especially if I slouch a bit in the saddle !! Any offers over £50-00 (list £73-00)???01422 360902

Jan now has a clear Wunderlich Ergo Screen higher and more importantly wider than the BMW offering her cruising speed has risen as a result of less buffeting and wind blast on the shoulders
have you tried advertise yours on the F650 site?

Attachments

• 103506346900002[1].jpg
    103506346900002[1].jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 252
I have the BM high screen and am sure I suffer more wind (phnaar, phnaar) than I did on a recent naked 850 - time to get the screw driver out and try this 'grey bikini one under the high screen' suggestion....

Back
Top Bottom