I've lost a friend!

dirtydog

Reaction score
'With A Beautiful Blonde Bull Terrier Wrangler In
Earlier this week, one of my friends was tragically killed on his bike just 50 meters or so from his home. It was also his wife's birthday!

He had just left home at 7am on his way to the gym. He was hit by a car pulling out from a junction. As yet, nobody appears to know exactly what happened. I know the area well, I can't imagine him doing any more than 25mph at the point where he was taken down!

Police are still appealing for witnesses.

Paul had only passed his test about 2 months ago and bought himself a Honda 650 SM. His dream was to own a GS.

Just a few months ago he qualified as a fitness instructor and managed to land his dream job as a personal trainer, he was 'chuffed'!

We had some fun together, riding our mountain bikes in the forest until it got dark and scaring ourselves stupid, dodging the deer and whatever other critters were as mad!

We also took up a guitar course at the college a few years ago, we played up so much I ended up having to leave before I got thrown off the course. We just used to sit at the back 'picking', 'house of the rising sun' over and over again...:D

I'll miss our periodic meetings at lunchtime when stood gossipping at our friend's baked potato stand in town, catching up on what new, weird and wonderful hobbies we had embarked upon. The 'piss taking' was second to none, I'll miss that!

Paul was 33, a new and exciting chapter of his life had just begun, it finished as quick. But that was paul....Mr 'flash in the pan'

My thoughts are with his wife, 3 children, parents, sister and his good friend and uncle.

"Have a good journey my friend!"...:rose

Sorry for your loss DD, but at least you have many fond memories of happy times shared with Paul. :(

Deepest sympathy to his wife and family.

Sounds like another 'good un' has been taken. Very sad.

RIP.:rose

So very sorry to hear about that DD... my heart and my thoughts reach out to family and friends...

RIP

Micky

PS. I sometimes wonder about my signature at times like this, but my wife died at 50 years of age and I know she would approve of it!

condolences

it'll stay with you for a long time - but the memories will always be the good ones :thumb

Stu, a sorry tale and no mistake. My condolences to you and his family. It seems your circle of friends is having some bad luck recently :(

DD sorry to hear of your loss. Good close friends are very hard to find. The memories you have will keep him 'alive'

My heart goes out to his wife and children too. :(

Stu, I am really sorry to hear of your loss mate. The biggest honour you could give him would be to stand up at his funeral and repeat what you have expressed on this forum. It is hard to do but believe me you will find great solace in doing so.

Sorry to hear your bad news fella. Nowt I can say to make you feel better I'm afraid. I've lost a few friends over the years this way and it really is shite.
I agree with the above though, the guy sounds like he had a fun time and it's far better to remember someone like that.

Back
Top Bottom