A site that allows you to set garmin routes from Google Maps

Deleted account 220427002

Reaction score
The site lets you use GPX files

You can view it on Map or Satellite or even Hybrid views

You can download the route you create and upload routes too ( but they seem to have shut that option down at the moment they say because it's so busy)

Anyway the good thing is it will let non GPS owners make routes for outings that us GPS guys can use and follow.

http://www.wikiwalki.com/

I did a quick test run

http://www.wikiwalki.com/courses/show/641

Attachments

• hybrid.jpg
    hybrid.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 383
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 393
I would recommend www.gpsvisualizer.com.

Supports GPX, GDB, and every other format under the sun!
You can create Elevation Profiles, Google Earth KML files, the lot!

It's totally free, though I've made a donation, as it really is that good!
Here's one I made earlier.

It actually doesn't (as far as I can see) support routes...
More of a tracks mapping tool...

So not entirely related to your first post.. :blast

But cool nonetheless.. :thumb

It actually doesn't (as far as I can see) support routes...
More of a tracks mapping tool...

GPS Visualizer does support routes in many common formats, including GPX. If something's not working like you expect, please let me know.

Anyone know how to show two maps on one page - if I add two maps then the second one overwrites the first as opposed to going below it. Or do i need to be an html/javascript wizard to do this. At the moment I am just playing around with dreamweaver.

Anyone know how to show two maps on one page - if I add two maps then the second one overwrites the first as opposed to going below it. Or do i need to be an html/javascript wizard to do this. At the moment I am just playing around with dreamweaver.
You could change all the references to "gmap" in the second map to "gmap2", but honestly the easiest thing is to just keep each map in an HTML file all by itself and then include them on another page using <iframe> tags; that doesn't require much wizardry.

De-select the first image before inserting the next, click in a blank part of the page first.

Back
Top Bottom