Beer name.??

northengit

Reaction score
When I was a younger drinker (drunk) living oop north before seeking my fortune darn.sarf, amongst the beers we drank, ie Mcweans ? 80! various Vaux beers there was a bottled beer which had a picture of a blacksmiths arm striking an anvil or something ??? was it strongarm ? arm and anvil ? any ideas even better can you still get it.:beerjug: :thumb2

When I was a younger drinker (drunk) living oop north before seeking my fortune darn.sarf, amongst the beers we drank, ie Mcweans ? 80! various Vaux beers there was a bottled beer which had a picture of a blacksmiths arm striking an anvil or something ??? was it strongarm ? arm and anvil ? any ideas even better can you still get it.:beerjug: :thumb2

It was "Strongarm", I think it's still out there, I'll take a peek next time Mrs Mort takes me shopping:wife

DanielsHammerPumpClip.jpg

I seem to recall an orange tin with a black band running around it:rob

Yup, Strongarm had an anvil picture on the label. It's made in my home town! :beerjug:

Apparently, it was a strong brew, created for the thirsty workers in the towns' steelworks and foundrys, hence the label picture.

There are not many pubs around that still have it on draught, but it's widely available in bottles. Our local Asda sell it.

For anyone thinking of a trip, the visitor centre is a good place. Take A689 road all the way into the town centre. The brewery and visitor centre are opposite the fire station.:thumb

Yup, Strongarm had an anvil picture on the label. It's made in my home town! :beerjug:

Apparently, it was a strong brew, created for the thirsty workers in the towns' steelworks and foundrys, hence the label picture.

There are not many pubs around that still have it on draught, but it's widely available in bottles. Our local Asda sell it.

For anyone thinking of a trip, the visitor centre is a good place. Take A689 road all the way into the town centre. The brewery and visitor centre are opposite the fire station.:thumb

Thx for that mate I thought I was having a funny turn, it was the old style label that started the quest. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom