sp111 upgrade to 2610??

russ996duke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am thinking about upgrade from sp3 to 2610, and have read the posts that searching on this topic brings up BUT would welcome anyone who has moved from the same or similar set up as I have, which is sp3,and autocom both powered from bike, with autocom leads for gps, and standard sp3 power lead tapped into bike!
does the 2610 power lead (supplied in bike kit by gpswarehouse) contain audio lead also?
if so how straightforward is it to splice audio into my existing autocom lead, input on connecting colors of wiring would be great!
cheers lads and lasses, once again!:thumb2

It should be very straightforward to tap in for power. I removed the SPIII power lead and replaced it with a 2610-style lead very easily. Used some some self-amalgamating tape to make a waterproof connection.
The multi-pin power plug supplied with with the Garmin motorcycle mount contains a female socket for your existing audio connection.
Don't be frightened!

John

Audio lead for the SP3 is the same as the 2610. I went the similar route to you. If you decide to go to the BM Nav 2 route it also fits that and I'd guess the Nav 3 / 2720 as well.:)

thanks guys, thats a great help....Its a relief to be able to avoid having to buy yet another stupidly expensive bit of wire or 2!
:)

Back
Top Bottom