Beer stains
Sand
Mud
Pie gravy
etc etc
How do you clean yours
Or does yir missus take in waashin:nenau

Get yourself some Techwash by Nikwax & follow the instruction's

I use it on all my Gortex stuff & it's does what it say's.

:)

An' for any really bad oil stains, treat them with handcleaner, Swarfega etc, first. You don't really need Nikwax Techwash just as long as you don't use a biological detergent. Get some delicate detergent from your local supermarket or use soap flakes. Definitely NO SOFTENER. Did you get that Johnny.....? NO SOFTENER.

To reproof the face fabric when you've washed it, you can use spray on stuff by either Nikwax or Graingers. Go into the local outdoor shop and see what they've got. DON'T spray the velcro though. It makes it less effective. To dry the jacket you can tumble dry on low.....probably. This should help to reset the DWR coating on the face fabric.

Oh and remove the armour before you do anything. Also, there should still be a care label inside the jacket.

HTH

An' for any really bad oil stains, treat them with handcleaner, Swarfega etc, first. You don't really need Nikwax Techwash just as long as you don't use a biological detergent. Get some delicate detergent from your local supermarket or use soap flakes. Definitely NO SOFTENER. Did you get that Johnny.....? NO SOFTENER.

To reproof the face fabric when you've washed it, you can use spray on stuff by either Nikwax or Graingers. Go into the local outdoor shop and see what they've got. DON'T spray the velcro though. It makes it less effective. To dry the jacket you can tumble dry on low.....probably. This should help to reset the DWR coating on the face fabric.

Oh and remove the armour before you do anything. Also, there should still be a care label inside the jacket.

HTH

Techwash will wash & proof in one go & will do it better because it impregnates into the clothing because of immersion in the washer.

I used to do it your way Schtum but tried the Techwash & it definatley does a better job.

:thumb

Techwash will wash & proof in one go & will do it better because it impregnates into the clothing because of immersion in the washer.

I used to do it your way Schtum but tried the Techwash & it definatley does a better job.

:thumb

And I've done both and I definitely prefer my way. Neither Techwash nor the Graingers equivalent do a good job of removing oily stains. Using a proofing in the wash also coats the velcro, making it less "sticky" and makes belts slippery so that they don't hold their position in buckles.

Should be in heels on wheels section

Dinnae want to ruin it I threw the instructions away with the box it came in
The suits pure mingin and needs a wash
I though about riding in the rain but only made it worse
Stinks of fags
Beer stains
Sand
Mud
Pie gravy
etc etc
How do you clean yours
Or does yir missus take in waashin:nenau

Ya big poof. Leave it mingin.
Ye will end up lookin like Burton if ye wash it.

Sorry James. Ah wiz only jokin.
Whit ye dain up heer. Are ye bilingual

And I've done both and I definitely prefer my way. Neither Techwash nor the Graingers equivalent do a good job of removing oily stains. Using a proofing in the wash also coats the velcro, making it less "sticky" and makes belts slippery so that they don't hold their position in buckles.

Admitted. Techwash does'nt remove oily stain's but I don't mind the lived in look.

:D

Here, the rallye 2 isnae waterproof so all this haverin aboot tec this and wax that is shii!
Feck it in the masheen wi a hanful o' faerie, cold wash. Deadly.

Back
Top Bottom