Kawasaki Versys

Bart

Has anyone had a go on the new Kawasaki Versys (650 twin)?

My better half is thinking of changing her bike and wants an upright bke for touring europe. It has to be cheap though and she doesn't want to have his and her GS's.

The Versys seems to get a good write up in the various rags it's been featured in. Ant info out there? :confused:

It's a good looking bike, nice low seat, it's going to weigh in around 200kgs wet and has a 19 litre tank that will give a reasonable range. Nice range of panniers and other goodies as well. She could do a lot worse!

Hmm, that is the sort of bike a wife needs, then you can take it out for a play every so often, just to make sure everything is OK :thumb

I think these are fantasic and hope they do a bigger engined version. Failing that how about a Honda Transalp the most under estimated bike ever... IMHO

AndyT

Ugly looking bike ;)

Baby Stroms seem to be popular.

looked at one today in george whites swindon.what an odd headlight:eek:
nice to sit on.:thumb

Looking at the video clip it handles awright then!!:thumb
If BM had got their finger out an F800GS might have been on the cards although no doubt it would have been a lot more money :eek:
Hopefully sorting out a test ride over the weekend if the weather up here doesn't get worse.
We'll see what the score is then :mmmm

Looking at the video clip it handles awright then!!:thumb
If BM had got their finger out an F800GS might have been on the cards although no doubt it would have been a lot more money :eek:
Hopefully sorting out a test ride over the weekend if the weather up here doesn't get worse.
We'll see what the score is then :mmmm

I don't think you'll go wrong with the Versys;)

versys

Well, had a test ride on the versys at c & j wilson's, uphall (near Edinburgh) today.
It seems to be an ideal bike, a kind of mini GS with loads of stylish bits and pieces, a good progressive throttle response which is very reminisent of the GS and superb for the newer rider. You wind it up and it goes. :p
Ordered a new one for 1st march and SHMBO is well happy. Looking forward to heading off to europe later in the year.
It's a pity BMW don't have a similar middle range bike as I've no doubt we'd have stuck to the devil we know ? Anyway I won't be embarassed by such a stylish jap middleweight following me along the alpine passes in the summer. :bounce1

Nice one..... This is one of my favourite bikes at the moment just to small for me. I wish they did this with the Triumph Triple engine in it or a nice twin for more torque.

Enjoy it and now buy a camera to show us the pics.....

AndyT

Saw a link somewhere to a page saying there is a 1000cc version in the offing.

Could this be seen as a move towards "real world and useable" motorcycles for the UK I wonder?

Will do ma best re getting a digital camera.

Picking it up on Saturday and will have to get it run in before April, we've got the chance of a cheap few days in Ireland at a mates cottage so it'll be a good taster for the big trip to Austria/Italy in July. Here's to good weather and good roads!!:aidan

UGLY?

Many said that of the GS in previous years but it certainly didn't do it any harm! Ahead of it's time maybe:confused:
It wouldn't be my personal choice but it seems damn fine to her in doors.
Maybe you lack a bit of forsight :nenau but I'm sure your opinion is appreciated somewhere :thumb

ugly?

headlight might take some getting used to, and the belly pan(?) side bits look like they'd be better off, off, but i think it looks good :nenau

i'm thinking headlight - frontal area.

engine back it looks 'ok'

forgot you'd just bought a 12gsa though..... :)

One of the guys in our local club got one after he ditched his SP2. I thought it looked good, much better in the flesh than the pics. Had a ride out a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with the tank range. seemed perky enough and handled well even though we were giving it a bit on a very twisty roads. A good comparrison will be when I take the dakar out with him and maybe I will comment again then. I thought it was a good practical bike.

Back
Top Bottom