DRZ 400SM

Dryskier

Reaction score
The other month I bought one of these Suzuki DRZ 400 SM - seemed a good deal at the time.
Is it possible to get rid of the road tyres (super moto) & put on knobblies - without having to put new wheels on??

John

The other month I bought one of these Suzuki DRZ 400 SM - seemed a good deal at the time.
Is it possible to get rid of the road tyres (super moto) & put on knobblies - without having to put new wheels on??

John

I think you would be very restricted on tyre choice if you keep the same wheels, look in TBM magazine and you may find a pair on there:nenau

Also i think the gearing is a bit higher on the SM, so you would need to change that anyway for any real offroading:nenau

Shep

John

Forget it :nono ............... You need some proper trail wheels

TBM or e-bay :thumb2

John

As has been said the best option is to go for a set of E or S wheels which will give you a lot more options for tyres and also make it easier to run different gearing.

There are regularly sets on Ebay, in fact this link should take you to a current auction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/suzuki-drz400-drz-400-wheels-complete_W0QQitemZ180084066746QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10534QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The SM has a bigger disc than the E or S but if you get one of these it would make changing wheels very simple.

I recently picked up a 400 S and a set of SM wheels so have a spare set of SM discs if your interested. :D

Back
Top Bottom