Half term week Ride-out

ScottyKM

Reaction score
As its says, anyone up for a day out during the half term leave period? (19-23rd)

dont know where, or how far, but need at least one day out, gonna put junior in creche and the wife is working.

Thoughts on day and destination?

It will be crap and snowing up there at this time of year!

I'm only jelous 'cause I've got to work :(

Am visiting the parents back in UK those days but can possibly fit in something on a weekend day?

Weather seemed fine today, if a bit wet!!:tears

Andy

Scotty

Totally forgot I have got the kids in the morning as Nicola works until lunch!!!!

If you've already sorted a route let me know and I'll fire it into the GPS, if not do you want me to sort something? Looks like it'll be most of the day and it will probably easier if we go from yours. Just email your address:D

will have a look on autoroute, but try it on your garmin anyway

i will actually be leaving from barker tho, gotta do a complicated drop off, wife takes son in car, i follow on bike, I then drive boy to creche at alanbrooke:thedummy , drive back to barker get back on bike, then repeat at end of day:eek

is all because she starts at 0715, finish at 1700, creche is 0730-1700

Ok how about 7:45 outside Barker, will stick a route in the GPS avoiding all motorways and see what we get, I'll make it a loop taking in Goslar (Mc's :augie ) and the highest point in the Hartz:D

and here we have the results,

7 hours in the saddle, 20l of petrol, 1 macdonalds

and some cracking roads, in nice sunshine

The old listening post on the Brocken (I think)

131208958-M.jpg

scottykm & Nedflanders bikes at the same place

131208823-M.jpg

and the obligatory sticker shot

131209098-M.jpg

so, thats The dambusters dam done, the Harz mountains, where to next time!!
:nenau

Well the Eagles Nest is too far (definately a weekend job!) and Colditz is down for May, the 'Ring is an experience:D and theres some cracking roads to it, (will be an early start if anyone is up for it:thumb2 )

Back
Top Bottom