Portugal/Spain France July 2007 help wanted

mturneruk

Dear all,

Need some advice.

Had to arrange a holiday abroad with my better halfs family so thought i would kill two birds with one stone and make it into a bike trip as well. Its my better halfs first bike trip so wanted to make it a good one as well!

I am getting the ferry from Plymouth to Santander and need a decent route from Santander down portugal (hopefully via the pico's if they are as good as i have been told) to a town just south of Lisbon called Seisembra. Then after a week with the family and going to be riding back up and doing the pyrennes along the N260 to colliure and back up through france to get the ferry back to blighty. As well as the route from santander to portugal was looking for any ideas of where to head after the millau bridge as that was were we got a bit boring last year typically down to poor planning! Wanted to take in the Loire valley as well.

Any ideas for places to go, roads to ride and good hotels will all be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Mark and Gemma

Portugal...

Dear all,

Hi.I hope you understand my poor english.
i`m Portuguese,living near Lisbon and Sintra.
I can help you with tours in Portugal...
Need some advice.

Had to arrange a holiday abroad with my better halfs family so thought i would kill two birds with one stone and make it into a bike trip as well. Its my better halfs first bike trip so wanted to make it a good one as well!

I am getting the ferry from Plymouth to Santander and need a decent route from Santander down portugal (hopefully via the pico's if they are as good as i have been told) to a town just south of Lisbon called Seisembra. Then after a week with the family and going to be riding back up and doing the pyrennes along the N260 to colliure and back up through france to get the ferry back to blighty. As well as the route from santander to portugal was looking for any ideas of where to head after the millau bridge as that was were we got a bit boring last year typically down to poor planning! Wanted to take in the Loire valley as well.

Yes...about Picos de Europa,they are an outstanding place to visit,if you like good food,good roads,and nice people.Usually,spanish people don´t speak english.Try,anyway.
It´s mountain route all the way down to Portugal.It´s a GS paradise...
About Portugal...Sesimbra is a lovely place with good fish,good beach,and calm.Just to relax with your falily.
Near Sesimbra you have a mountain call Arrábida.Nice to make a route in that mountain.Then you can go to Setubal,about 20 kms,and lunch "choco frito".Its a tipical plate-is almost octopus with chips.
And can also visit Lisboa,about 30 kms,and Cascais and Sintra.Is not near,is about Sesimbra-Sintra...30 kms.

When i go to a place and don´t have information about that place i do like you and ask for information to someone who been there...or go to a tourism office.

Hope can help you and hope you understand me.

When you came,why don´t you call me,and i pick my GS and go with you,like a local guide?

Beste regards.

Any ideas for places to go, roads to ride and good hotels will all be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Mark and Gemma

You´re welcame.

Luisa and Ricardo

was looking for any ideas of where to head after the millau bridge as that was were we got a bit boring last year typically down to poor planning!

Hang a right after Millau into the Gorge du Tarn then into the Cevennes and on up to the Gorges de Ardeche. I can send you a Mapsource file for that.

Back
Top Bottom