Which way to go ?

G.C.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So its Wednesday and I take a left, it’s a wee mini adventure. :cool:
I took a nice long run today, about 280 miles, I headed north, the scenery is spectacular, the roads are varied and interesting.
I needed to clear my head, this always works.
Up the Glen before I head away.
129668542-L.jpg

129669059-L.jpg

Bealach Na Ba
129669607-L.jpg

129670235-L.jpg

Lunch, I had to take what I could !
129670626-L.jpg

129670794-L.jpg

Is the King of Skye home ?
129671178-L.jpg

129671737-L.jpg

129672338-L.jpg

Spend Valentines day with the one that you love !!! :augie
129672517-L.jpg

Tidy bike, Gordon.

But............ haven't you got work to go to? :nenau

(get out when you can :thumb2............ where'dya stop for lunch? )

Al :D

Nice website that you have. I was in France in Sept 2006 and stayed in the Rosbif in Briancon and rode a lot of the same roads as you.

Just twigged that I know you and Lawrence. I hear you have booked up with Wildcat for Morocco in Oct. I have still not firmed up my holiday plans for this year but keep toying with the idea of a Maroc trip. Too many roads and not enough holiday !

Just twigged that I know you and Lawrence. I hear you have booked up with Wildcat for Morocco in Oct. I have still not firmed up my holiday plans for this year but keep toying with the idea of a Maroc trip. Too many roads and not enough holiday !

W - Now know who you are!! Here is the thread for the Wildcat Trip - don't want to hijack GC's thread.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92986

Voyager and I are already booked. Numbers so far are up to 10 so the trip is definately on. Go on, you know you want to!

Cheers

Wicker, I dream of riding in France, I’ve only ever taken the car there mate.
I don’t know Laurence :nenau and only know of Wildcat, I’m not booked, mores the pity.
Click on the pint in my sig line to get my pub website.
I just get out and ride my bike when I can, I work weekends, mostly, so a Wednesday is my normal day off. I had lunch in the Applecross Inn, it should come with a government heath warning, the (really nice) staff offered me more bread to soak up the Garlic butter that you see left on my plate. I had Sweet potato soup to start, ( I was cold.)
Every now and again things just work out up here, pisses Franco of :D
Today was one of those days.
Thanks for the comments, that Tosser Oonyack has this on his doorstep all the time, I have to spend a couple of hours to get there.
I wouldnt change it :D

Excellent!! Should be up that way again after easter:thumb2 Cracking pics. Twenty five years ago Bealach Na Ba would have been impassable at this time of the year.!!

Thanks for the comments, that Tosser Oonyack has this on his doorstep :D

Get off me steps

5454a.jpg

Nice pics ya jammy sod:eyesdown

Tash says when you go to sell your bike give her a shout
as she is after a girls bike:rolleyes:

:hide

Boring Techy Question:

GC.

Great pics with excellent resolution.

A couple of questions:

1. Which camera are you using ?

2. Which picture hosting site ?

3. Are your pics loaded 'full strength' to the site then re-sized automatically - or do you do that first ?

I have three supposedly high quality digital cameras (all Nikons) but the resolution isn't as good as yours by the time I have re-sized then to around 70 dpi.

This should really be in the 'Photography' section I guess !

Cracking day out though, beats sitting in my office and only riding to and fro' in the dark & wet (while SWMBO cruises around in my company car) !

Bob.

Great pictures:thumb and reminds me how much I miss living near that part of Scotland.

GC.

Great pics with excellent resolution.

A couple of questions:

1. Which camera are you using ?

2. Which picture hosting site ?

3. Are your pics loaded 'full strength' to the site then re-sized automatically - or do you do that first ?

I have three supposedly high quality digital cameras (all Nikons) but the resolution isn't as good as yours by the time I have re-sized then to around 70 dpi.

This should really be in the 'Photography' section I guess !

Cracking day out though, beats sitting in my office and only riding to and fro' in the dark & wet (while SWMBO cruises around in my company car) !

Bob.

Oh Bob, just as G.C. was basking in our praise, you have to ask him a techie Q. :D

He'll have to try and find the manual now...;)

Bob, I use a Pentax W10. It has 6 mp 3x optical. Its waterproof, dust proof and generally G S proof. Fits neatly in my pocket.
I use Smugmug as my online host. Highlight a picture at medium size and post.
I tend to think that its more to do with the subject matter than the tool. I recently compared the W10 with my daughters new Samsung, not much in it to my eye.
Back at my desk this morning and its blowing a hoolie outside, glad I made the most of yesterday :thumb2

Great pics as usual G.C.

Ugly bloody view that Skye place, I have heard some of the residents can be a bit, well, :ymca

:augie

Nice pics once again. Pity the weather wasn't so nice on Tuesday when i was working up there. But a good run all the same. Must do it on the bike sometime.

Great pics Gordon! You were right to grab the chance to get out. I've heard a lot about the Applecross Inn, think it's won awards for it's grub. Am going to make a point of going to Applecross/Gairloch this spring - never been!

G.C.

All I can say is LUCKY Barsteward,wish I hadn't seen this post.

:beerjug:
Schultz

What a fantastic day out and a real lesson in grabbing life's opportunities whenever you can. The Applecross Inn while a long way from here looks like a great destination to aim for - another one for my 'must do' list.

dunard

Back
Top Bottom