Pre-Paddys day, galway rideout 10th of March oughterard

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Don't forget people that there will be a rideout in the Oughterard vicinity on Saturday the 10th of March. I have three nice tracks lined up for the day. Access may be a little tricky on one of the runs, but I have done it with only one other so it should be fine. These are all fire runs etc. in the forestry and should really challenge any one who hasn't off roaded but will allow experienced tossers plough ahead. Would those who haven't checked in let me now whose coming. If anyone is interested in coming on Friday we will ordganise a run on firday afternoon. Unfortunately I am unavailable on Sunday. If any one wants me to arrange accomodation for Friday and or Saturday let me know. Rendevous at 10.30 at the Statoil station at the end of Quinncentennial Bridge heading west or 10.45 or so at Kinneavys pub in Roscahill on the the Oughterard Road. If anyone has any alternative suggestions let me know as soon as you can. regards and safe riding to all.

I'm there.....I'll most likely come down in the morning if anyone else is travelling Dub-Galway direction?

I'm there too :thumb2

Heading over Sat AM. Probably going Slieve Blooms, Birr, Portumna, Loughrea & into the City of the Tribes :D Any use to ya Padge :nenau

Con, where are ya thinking of finishing on Sat evening ? Hoping to stay over & do a bit to the north on Sunday :bounce1

Heading over Sat AM. Probably going Slieve Blooms, Birr, Portumna, Loughrea & into the City of the Tribes :D Any use to ya Padge :nenau

Con, where are ya thinking of finishing on Sat evening ? Hoping to stay over & do a bit to the north on Sunday :bounce1

Wanted : Part-time work, anything considered, need extra cash badly.:tears

Brownie points completely depleted, need to buy more. :eek:
:D :D :beerjug:

Yes bbbut

Was planning an appearance, may have a pillion, how tough are the trails? Are there chicken runs for the faint of heart, i.e. alternative routes for limp wristed wimps?:ymca

A. Coward:eek:

QUAGMIRE

. . you be looked after, Gerry, don't you worry, we dig you out . .

Consider it a date...

Hmmm...Best brownie point earniers this time of year is to start discussing the summer holiday plans..(And that's her holiday... not your epic biking schemes)

I know of a house in Kilkee that needs work done on it - but I don't think the pay is very good ;) Just tell her ya have to go :augie

Padge said:
Depends what time Jockser has the breakfast ready.. Probably 7.30?

In order to be at the meeting point before 10.30 I was planning to hit the road about 08.00 & have a leisurely spin over. But if we had a spot of breakfast about 08.00, left by 08.30 and kept her motoring we'd be fine :bounce1

So how many for breakfast at 08.00 :nenau

I don't know if I can make this run yet De Crowe. Depends upon a few factors, work being just one of them. :blast

I'll do my best to make it over, but will let you know. I would like to see JohnnyPan out on those tracks on the 1300. :augie :)

All being well, Kyle and I should be heading down very early Saturday morning staying over Saturday night and up home Sunday, anyone else from up this way (belfast) going and want to tag along, Kyle will be beeming on the new beemer, come on guys lets make a good showing from the north!

If any one wants me to arrange accomodation for Friday and or Saturday let me know. Rendevous at 10.30 at the Statoil station at the end of Quinncentennial Bridge heading west or 10.45 or so at Kinneavys pub in Roscahill on the the Oughterard Road. If anyone has any alternative suggestions let me know as soon as you can. regards and safe riding to all.
De Crowe, where abouts is the Quincentennial Bridge? Some of the Cork
contingent will require accomodation for Friday, any suggestions. :thumb2

Cheers lad, working hard on getting to this one. :beerjug:

ps. Mini Thatch was mind blowing. Scared myself half to death, loads of
times. It was feckin brilliant.

Sorry De Crowe, but I'm definately not going to be able to make this one. :(

New floors, doors and furniture to be installed that weekend. The only upshot though is that plenty of Brownie Points should be earned. I hope. :eek:

Have a great weekend lads. :thumb2

where abouts is the Quincentennial Bridge?

Bl**dy PRC - ''if it's not in Cork I don't know about it / it doesn't exist'' :augie

The new(ish) bridge over the Corrib on the ring road. You have to cross it if you follow the signs for Clifden. Petrol station is on the left as you get to the end of the bridge :D

Brownie points?

youz lads are all doin' it wrong;:nono
last year i took Mrs Og to the Run to The Hills and as a result......

came back with more brownie points than when i left Dublin!:bounce1

this, even though it rained all the way there and all the way home:D

the bit-in-the-middle was brilliant!:bounce1 :clap :bounce1 :D

~~
Lucky BastidOg;)

sorry guys I was away for a few days and got back last night. I will answer any questions that have arisen while i was a way as best i can.
The trails are fire tracks and present no particular difficulty for any one on road tires. That said it is raining heavily at the moment and there may be some muddy sections but nothing we can't push or pull out of.
I know some people are looking for B&B on friday and or saturday night. I will reserve a few beds in Oughterard for both night unless some one tells me they specifically want to stay in Galway City. (parking may be the issue but again that can be sorted)
As to carrying a pillion on the run?, galway can be a great shopping town, if that helps, saturday market etc.!!!
Any one wanna go out on friday let me know.
Jocker is taking a nice a nice route down particularly the twisties from, Roscrea to birr, to portumna and from kilimor to loughrea
anything else i have missed come back to me,
any one looking for accomodation no problem with B&b's that weekend. pm me and i will send you mobile no. (willsuds are you still ok for saturday night?)
regards to all

Sorry jockser but i have a family thing sunday which i cant escape. you know the lie of the lands yourself. a great opportunity to head up to Lough Nafooey and the back of the Reek, or down into Toormakeady. or do a circuit and cut back down the westport louisbourg to leenane road.

I don't know if I can make this run yet De Crowe. Depends upon a few factors, work being just one of them. :blast

I'll do my best to make it over, but will let you know. I would like to see JohnnyPan out on those tracks on the 1300. :augie :)

Funnily enough johnny pan was asking me if i though he could manage it on the pan!! he probably could, but i couldn't. He did however give me some useful tips on the st last week.

As an asideI am staying in oughterard myself on saturday night purely for quality control purposes.

De Crowe, where abouts is the Quincentennial Bridge? Some of the Cork
contingent will require accomodation for Friday, any suggestions. :thumb2

Cheers lad, working hard on getting to this one. :beerjug:

ps. Mini Thatch was mind blowing. Scared myself half to death, loads of
times. It was feckin brilliant.

let me know for how many and i will sort it. Do you want to stay in oughterard or galway city.? What is you e.t.a. in galway ?

Back
Top Bottom