City Navigator Europe V9

Does anyone know if this version will fit my SPIII? Can't work it out from their site...most confusing. :confused:

Cheers

Has anyone managed to succesfullly order their free CN v9 from the Garmin site ? Iahbe tried by a few routes but each time end up back at the same point with a message telling me there are no Mapsource updates available for me.

Has anyone managed to succesfullly order their free CN v9 from the Garmin site ? Iahbe tried by a few routes but each time end up back at the same point with a message telling me there are no Mapsource updates available for me.

Yes......

I used this link http://www.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp

Go to "City Navigator Europe DVD" and follow it through from there.

Straight forward, and I got an e mail saying that I would get the update disc in seven to ten days...........:)

HOWEVER........I have heard of some of us who have had problems, and have had to ring Garmin................:(

tried to register online with v8 last week on several occasions no joy.Rang garmin and did it over the phone,very helpful took a while as phone lines were very busy!!!!!!! then got email confirming v9 on way 7 to 10 working days.

I thought that by registering my 2610 with the v8 would mean that I wouldn't get the v9 version for free. However, I've just followed jonnies link and WooHoo !, it's going to be sent after all. :D

Have had my 2610 for about two years now, bought it second hand, also receiving the v 9 dvd for free.

think what happens is that everyone receives the dvd and its only when applying for the unlock code that you find out whether or not you are eligible for a free update or not. Am fairly sure when I try for the unlock code its going to ask for £50

think what happens is that everyone receives the dvd and its only when applying for the unlock code that you find out whether or not you are eligible for a free update or not. Am fairly sure when I try for the unlock code its going to ask for £50
Yep, that's correct. If you purchased on or after 1st Sept 2006 you'll qualify for a free upgrade to v9 otherwise you'll have to stump up for the unlock code.

Finally! Followed the link one last time and this time it worked :thumb2

My guess is that the Garmin regsitration process is not as automated as it appears. I registered my unit late Friday, and it has taken since then to 21:00 today for them to complete the process such that I can order my upgrade.

STill, its done now. Anyone else having problems I suggest you leave it ( :Motomartin ) for one full business day between registering the unit and ordering the CNv9 upgrade.

NT Europe V9 preloaded on Nuvi 360

Hi - I've just got a Nuvi 360 which works fine & looks great on a RAM mount on the GS - but I'm trying to figure out what i need to do to plan & upload routes from the PC. I think I need to be using the Mapsource application - correct?? Problem is there wasn't a copy of Mapsource supplied - the whole of Eu is preloaded on the 2GB internal memory. I've been to the Garmin site but the upgrades only work if you have the app already....anyone been there done this??

Back
Top Bottom