Lumbar Support

Mick_rw

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone out there wear a lumbar support whilst riding, if so does it work and where did you purchase it from.

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick

I wear a lumbar support and for distance work I find it helps.

In my opinion, (I am an osteopath), the better supports for riding do not have any rigid supports in them but are elastic and will allow good mobility.

The idea of a support is not to restrict movement. The spine is a mobile structure and it is important not to inhibit movement. They should also be worn around the pelvis and not around the lumbar spine for best results.

I use one from a firm called Promedics in Blackburn where I work.

If you want to try one let me know and I can send you more details. I can order one for you and let you have it at cost plus p&p. Approx £30.

David

RE Lumbar

Hi David,

Many thanks for your reply, I am only assuming hat its my riding that has caused this problem, at present I ride a R1150R, my first bike, riding it since April, have covered 12000 miles, these past few weeks have been having bad back problems, so thought I would try a lumbar support.

It would be much appriciated for the details, my email addresses is michael.rwatson@ntlworld.com.

Many Thanks

Mick

:beerjug:

me too please

i currently use a motoX kidney belt with velcro but it don't really work that well

Recieved

David,

Many thanks, recieved the lumbar support this morning, Saturday, cheque is in the post, honest gov, will let you know how it goes.

Many Thanks

Mick

:beerjug:

Hi Vern,AdamZ, Rod Souter, Uncle Tom Cobbly,

Sorry I have not been in touch.

Email me with your addresses and waist measurements (in inches) and I will post one off to you.

They cost £30 : 00 incl P&P.

Incidently my fuel pump packed up last week in the middle of the Derbyshire Dales. Those friendly people at Pidcocks said thay could repair it by the end of September!!!!!!!

Should be back on the road tomorrow.

David

dhgutteridge@supanet.com

Back
Top Bottom