michelin anakees any good prices

whitegloss

Reaction score
will be replacing my anakees with a further set of these tyres, any one know of decent prices in the north locality

cheers:beerjug:

Seems to be one of those tyres that no one local offers any great discount on, when I was looking all local prices were £50 or so dearer than Tourances

I must say I am a big fan of the tourance's I'm not sure I would use anything else.:)

Got my last set at C&S tyres in Middlesbrough - same price as Tourances. Replaced the rear only before my September jaunt to France - cost around £100 if I remember correctly, £10 less to loose wheels.

C & S Tyres
5, Grange Rd, Middlesbrough, Cleveland TS1 5BA
Tel: 01642 245339

Charles

I like Anakees: Ran a rear flat for 30-40km on a dirt road in Romania - It stayed on the rim, got a couple of strings poked in it and did the ride home + a couple of thou' before getting it changed.

Metzeler wossanames did the same on a smaller scale round Ireland...

My point? ..I forget.....:beerjug:

i had thought of changing to a different tyre aka tourances as my mate raved about them on his 1200gs. had also toyed with changing to road based tyres ie pilot roads b20's etc, however i dont think there would be a massive amount of performance gain for me personally, and they dont look as good as the semi knobblies on a 1200gs

will compare prices with the ones quoted from middlesbrough thanks:thumb2

I put Road Pilots on mine last year £140 from Germany with three day delivery, the road tyres make a difference especially on Autobahns , the bike feels much smoother and wet/dry grip is superb. Much better than the T66's ,Tourances or Distanzias tthat I'd run before.
The rear Road Pilots look good for 8000 plus and the front at least 10 thousand.
I was geting 5000 to a rear Distanzia and 6500 to a rear Tourance.

Just payed £91 from Mill for a rear Anakee ( + fitting, had a service at the same time so not sure what that would be). Might be worth a call.

I put Road Pilots on mine last year £140 from Germany with three day delivery, the road tyres make a difference especially on Autobahns , the bike feels much smoother and wet/dry grip is superb. Much better than the T66's ,Tourances or Distanzias tthat I'd run before.
The rear Road Pilots look good for 8000 plus and the front at least 10 thousand.
I was geting 5000 to a rear Distanzia and 6500 to a rear Tourance.

have you got the web link for this site, seem pretty cheap:beerjug:

Cheapest bike tyres in region

Try Terry Elsey at Malton, I've used him for years, he usually gets them in in 24hrs and consistently beats all others on price. The lads are bikers and will fit to a loose wheel or you can ride in.

Terry Elsey
Showfield Lane Industrial Est
Malton
North Yorks
YO17 6BT
01653 693830

Its a nice excuse for a rideout and you can scrub the tyres in on the way home!

Back
Top Bottom