Insurance for "off-roaders"

KAYCEE

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Although my XR400 is just used for riding the local shale bings and fields, it is possible that some low life might decide to nick it.

Therefore, does anyone know if there an insurance company that would cover the bike for "theft" only?

Mind you I am thinking of getting it registered for the road. Has anyone had any experience of getting a previously unregistered bike "on the road"? I assume I would need to get it MOt'd, but what else would I need? (letter from importer/dealer confirming age - receipt for seller???)

If its originally a UK bike it shouldn't be a problem. Get on the blower to the DVLA and they will send you a pack with all the forms and stuff. You might need a piece of paper from Honda certifying it (bit hazy here) but you might just be able to register it straight off for a £38 fee. DVLA will tell you.

Ebike added my XR to my GS policy free of charge (comprehensive an' all:thumb2 ). You can insure it anyway on the frame number alone - you will need to do that (and get it MOT'd on the frame number) in order to register it anyway, so might as well get it covered now.

LC

I couldn't get Fully comp insurance on my TTR250 as the insurance company said it was designed for off road use, and would only insure me Third Party Fire & Theft.

Just insured my Beta 250 through Bennetts with Norwich Union £69 TPFT - couldn't add it onto my BMW GS policy at it's not a BMW.

Ade

Back
Top Bottom