Benelli Tre-K

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Quite fancy one of these as my next bike

Has anyone here ridden one please and are they pretty reliable?

Benelli and reliable are not two words that normally go together, although I have no knowledge of the Tre-K itself. Mate had a Tonado that was oft to be found in bits in the dealers. Not sure which "Kingsley" you live in, but if the Hampshire one, take a trip down to 3-X and see the number of TNT's with the electrics packed out with grease. Bit of a weak point.

They are the best bikes in the world when they are working, but don't expect them to be Honda quality / reliability.

Buy one with the right frame of mind, and you'll fall in love. Buy one with the wrong attitude and you'll throw youself under a bus.

Cheers

Mark

They claim that, with the major Chinese investment, this bike is the dog's bollox and they seem to be selling like hot cakes.

Dave

I really hope so - if they can sort out the reliability, they'll be a joy that knows no bounds. Reliabilty aside, I think the whole range is the dogs - although I prefer the TNT to the Tre-k styling wise. Honestly, as long as you've got a good local dealer, and you are not looking to it as your only means of transport, don't use it to commute and not going to tour all the time, I'm sure your heart will turn any frustratiions into "charm". If you do get one, pleae post pictures - they are lovely.

cheers

Mark

They claim that, with the major Chinese investment, this bike is the dog's bollox and they seem to be selling like hot cakes.

Makes sense really - a lot of the Chinese cakes that are sold are made of dog's bollox.

erm dunno but as its italian i wouldnt touch one with yours

HTH

I do want to commute on it and tour maybe one or two weeks per year.

I have a car but really prefer to use the bike.

I feel a heart over head decision happening again.

It can't be a worse choice than my Harley for daily use - surely:blast

If you've got a car, use a Harley day-to-day and will tour in the summer (hopefully in the dry) you'll be going out to the garage at night to lick it :)

cheers

Mark

Bought a new Tornado RS last year.....as per the attached pic.

Had problems with the clocks...intermittent indicator idiot light fault...new clock set under warranty.

Overall, the bike is brilliant..handles superbly, demon brakes and the engine is ace now I have fitted a Blue Flame can and re-mapped it using the Tuneboy software....

Use it for fine weather weekend thrashes...(always puts a grin on my face..) and the GS the rest of the time and for serious mileage.

A thing to be cherished and cosseted though...otherwise buy a Honda.

Dave H

Attachments

• Benelli RSsmall.jpg
    Benelli RSsmall.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 344
I know the electrics are made of cheese.

I know it'll be broken more often than fixed.

I know it'll be useless in the dirt.

I know it'll corrode way in front of your eyes. Depreciate badly. Be expensive to run.

But I am weak in the presence of beauty:eek:

Attachments

• 01_04.jpg
    01_04.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 370
It's clearly a case of :love so you know you'll just have to do it anyway :D

What's the worst that can happen? It's only money and there are no pockets in shrouds!

Is that how you spell shroud?:nenau

I know the electrics are made of cheese.

I know it'll be broken more often than fixed.

I know it'll be useless in the dirt.

I know it'll corrode way in front of your eyes. Depreciate badly. Be expensive to run.

But I am weak in the presence of beauty:eek:

i agree,they do look fantastic dont they :)

Quite fancy one of these as my next bike

Has anyone here ridden one please and are they pretty reliable?

Dave,

Have you tried /thought of a Ulysees XB12X or are they not your bag? I quite fancy trying one at the Harley dealer that opened up near Cheshire Oaks.

Ian

Good idea - may nip across to see them, tomorrow if possible.

May get a better deal if trading in the Harley there.

Thought the Buell got a bit of slating on here though some time back.

The Tre-k is so much better looking though......

And then, of course....

......there's the Amazonas which can obviously cross the Darien Gap all on its own......:augie

Benelli_EICMA_2006-002_r.jpg

Benelli_EICMA_2006-005r.jpg

Don't think it's available here yet.

Back
Top Bottom