View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Comparison between GSA twin cam and GSA LC

I know many people have made the change and love them or loath them everyone has an opinion. Last week had me drop my 62 plate 90th Edition off for its 18k mile service and the pre-arranged loan bike for the day was a 17 plate GSA LC. I was keen to have a go and see what improvements had been made and how it compared to my older steed.

First impressions were ok with the novelty of keyless ignition and a recognisable layout, but the the change to Japanese style indicator selector nearly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Short weekend in Le Wast and Belgium

Last weekend had us boarding the Eurotunnel and heading off for a cheeky weekend in France. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and the ride report is here
    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...-des-Tourelles
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dyno and remap at Hilltop

Today I made the journey up to Hilltop to see what difference a remap would make to my bike. It is a 62 plate twin cam GSA with 13,400 miles on the clock. With a recent 12k service I thought now was the ideal time to get it done.

The initial dyno run came it with 83.96 bhp @ 7516 rpm at the wheel and a distinct dip at 4.5k rpm. The bike was also running lean throughout and especially so at 2.7 to 3.5k rpm.

After the remap the numbers showed 100.56 bhp at 7349 rpm at the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Wife has first run out on the bike

It has been many years since my wife came out on the bike. It is more than 11 years as it was before my daughter was born. It might have something to do with always having 1 litre sports bikes and her having to sit perched on top of a tiny seat going at ridiculous speeds with anchor like brakes. Anyway, with the GSA she had expressed an interest and bike clothes have been bought. This week end we went out on a ride, a nice sedate bimble in preparation for our Euro weekend next month. It all went ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It's been a busy couple of weeks

It all started with passing my IAM advanced test the day before travelling up to Dent. The test went well with one exception. I was travelling down a country lane which was shrouded by overhanging trees. As I approached a left hand corner and with nothing through the trees visible I moved to the right of the road to increase my field of view. At this same time a horse box lorry came around the bend in the center of the road forcing me to give up position for safety. Although this was not a close ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"