View RSS Feed

Bungy

It's been a busy couple of weeks

Rate this Entry
It all started with passing my IAM advanced test the day before travelling up to Dent. The test went well with one exception. I was travelling down a country lane which was shrouded by overhanging trees. As I approached a left hand corner and with nothing through the trees visible I moved to the right of the road to increase my field of view. At this same time a horse box lorry came around the bend in the center of the road forcing me to give up position for safety. Although this was not a close call it was mentioned in the overall debrief but I was happy with the pass.

The following day I rode up from Southampton to Dent and spent an amazing weekend improving my pub fitness and thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday ride out with Johnyboxer and others. The whole weekend was well worth the effort but did highlight that my camping/sleeping kit needed upgrading. To that end I have now bought an exped downmat and a sleeping bag liner.
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...psb9asyzmi.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps7bzv79lk.jpg

This past weekend had me riding for the Royal British Legion and completing the RBL1000R which involved riding 1000 miles in under 24 hours. The route had us leave Leeds and do a clockwise lap of Scotland with Wick being the most northerly point. The weather throughout was terrible but I completed the route in just over 18 hours. My hands and in particular my right hand are still swollen and sore from the effort of riding so far in a limited time.

My next plans involve kitting out the Mrs for a trip to France and Belgium next month and i'm still undecided as to where to go in September but Germany might get a look in.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"