Custom bottom yoke for WP48 forks

Mav

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There is a BMW dealer in the US who has started making up bottom yoke/triple trees to fit WP48 forks to an HP2. WP48's have the added benefit of fitting the existing top yoke.

I might be able to bring some back on my travels from the states. Anyone interested? If so, I will get a price.

Yes. Interested.

Not losing the headlight mount etc using a different front end sounds good :clap

Can the HP's tubeless wheel and brake still be used with the WP forks?

Any linky for info?

Cheers

Yes. Interested.

Not losing the headlight mount etc using a different front end sounds good :clap

Can the HP's tubeless wheel and brake still be used with the WP forks?

Any linky for info?

Cheers

Here are a couple posts from ADV:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15019605&postcount=2511

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15020467&postcount=2513

It seems he has the brake caliper fitting and the shim for the axel so you can use OEM hubs and brake caliper.

I've PM's Bobby to see if he'd be interested in putting a few together for me to bring back. Will let you know as soon as I know :thumb2

Hi all this is a PM I had back form Bobby if that helps

BMW Atlanta said:
Hello Paul,

I'm glad to answer your questions and some day soon I hope to have a thread in Vendors dedicated specifically to this kit.

Kit costs $850 USD and consists of:
Custom lower triple clamp with 3 clamping bolts (removal of stock stem from stock lower triple necessary)
New wheel spacer to center BMW HP2 wheel/hub in KTM WP48 forks
New brake caliper bracket to use BMW HP2 caliper with KTM WP48 forks
Caliper Bracket machined washer/spacers to propertly center brake caliper support
Axle shim for left fork leg axle clamp to accomodate BMW HP2 wheel axle
New Axle bolt (much beefier in construction and has better engagement with axle clamp)

The second production run should be complete within 1-2 weeks and then a couple days to anodize the lower triples with a clear coating to prevent corrosion or dulling.

Shipping to the UK through postal service will probably be another $40-50 USD and can commit deliver to you within 4-5 weeks at your door.

Bests
Bobby

Hi Jase I'm having a good think about getting one, so may take you up on the offer to bring me one back if thats ok

Louis

Hi all this is a PM I had back form Bobby if that helps

Jase I'm having a good think about getting one but may take you up on the offer to bring me one back for me if thats ok

Louis

Hey chap!!

Good to hear from you :thumb2

No problem if you want me to bring you one back - am still over there pretty regularly... which explains why I haven't been around much. I must convince you to take me to Wales again soon! :beerjug:

So, for this kit:

Kit costs $850 USD and consists of:
Custom lower triple clamp with 3 clamping bolts (removal of stock stem from stock lower triple necessary)
New wheel spacer to center BMW HP2 wheel/hub in KTM WP48 forks
New brake caliper bracket to use BMW HP2 caliper with KTM WP48 forks
Caliper Bracket machined washer/spacers to propertly center brake caliper support
Axle shim for left fork leg axle clamp to accomodate BMW HP2 wheel axle
New Axle bolt (much beefier in construction and has better engagement with axle clamp)

If we can get 2 orders, Bobby will bring the price down to 800USD and if we can get it to 5, he will bring it down to $750. The only additional will be shipping from my home address.

In terms of timing, based on when the next batch will be ready and timing of my next trip, looks like it will be March.

Who wants in?

Guys its a no brainer,

Now all you need is some 48m forks and stiffer springs I have the MX closed cartidge forks with 315mm travel and stiffer spring rate, works like a charm for of road distance travelling and sand. perhaps shorter forks are more appropriate if you are tar biased.

Check the shim for the axle is OK its only a 1mm difference we had to enlarge the hole at the bottom of the left fork to take a 2.5mm shim as 1mm wont last long.

Keep your eye open for a set of Ktm SE forks cuz they will be just about spot on without new springs and valving

Over £500 for just one triple clamp and a few spacers :eek:
I was going to do this mod to mine before i bought the SE

I had a word with a friend of mine who has a engineering shop about making one on his cnc
No problem was his reply and a lot less than £500
Maybe if you get a few people who want them
Have a look into getting them made in the uk

I have a pair of virtually new WP forks complete with caliper, big disc and master cylinder assembly if anyone's interested. It would need stronger springs and a revalve for the HP2 though.

I'll post some pics if anyone's interested.

I've been searching for a photo that shows original wheel can still be used.

WP1.jpg

Looks like I'm in :thumb2

OK, so it's:

Spout
SkyGod
Mav

so far, a couple more and we can all save 50 bucks!

I'll chase up getting some photo's, although the detail ones won't be for a week or so as his bike is at the machinist and he's sold all examples!

OK, so it's:

Spout
SkyGod
Mav

so far, a couple more and we can all save 50 bucks!

I'll chase up getting some photo's, although the detail ones won't be for a week or so as his bike is at the machinist and he's sold all examples!

Yes Please :thumb2

Spout
SkyGod
Mav
Louis

Cheers Jase for sorting this :thumb

Louis

Some initial pics from Bobby (BMW Atlanta)

1170913547_YkxjY-M.jpg

Caliper adapter:

1170914533_VVEPM-M.jpg

1170914590_k6i2k-M.jpg

1170915115_HH55k-M.jpg

1170915151_TKptr-M.jpg

Spout
SkyGod
Mav
Louis

I can be interrested but is there some special work to do on
the WP 48mm of the 950SE before ?

Because there is also the italian solution from SpecialThings

Spout
SkyGod
Mav
Louis

I can be interrested but is there some special work to do on
the WP 48mm of the 950SE before ?

Because there is also the italian solution from SpecialThings

I wouldn't have thought so as the SE is a similar weight to the HP... but I'm not a suspension expert so probably worth checking in with one :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom