new bridgestones

the trailey ones

battle wings, i've seen some posts but want to know how people got on with them and what mileage.

has anyone tryed them :eek:

My GS was supplied with Battlewings as I think are most of the new ones at the moment. Done a couple of thousand on them so far through the winter, they seem fine, plenty of grip and look to be wearing ok, hardly flattened of on the rear yet. My mate has done nearly 3k on his that he had 3 weeks before me and he rides it every day and is happy with them. Only downside (if you can call it that) is the Pyramid hugger doesn't fit with them according to Pyramid! And I thought all these tyres had the same profile! obviously not.:boobies

There are a few threads covering the new Battlewings and they seem to be all positive :thumb2

After heaving always used Dunlop Trailwings (best grip and handling at eveything other than fully loaded and high speed) and 020's (high speed handling excellent but VERY slightly less good grip/handling the rest of the time) I'll be giving the Battlewings a go in the next month when my 020's are up for replacement.

Andres

Anyone have any input on the Battlewing’s fitment with a Sandbar Hugger fitted (Wunderlich) :mmmm

Anyone have any input on the Battlewing’s fitment with a Sandbar Hugger fitted (Wunderlich) :mmmm

I've done about 1500 miles with that setup and it's not been a problem. Plenty of grip, wet or dry, squaring off a bit now, but at least as good as the previous two Dunlop 607's.

I've done about 1500 miles with that setup and it's not been a problem. Plenty of grip, wet or dry, squaring off a bit now, but at least as good as the previous two Dunlop 607's.

Cheers :thumb2 think the Battlewing will be my next choice.

fitted

had some on saturday, £155 fitted whih i thought was good. done 100miles and they're fine, have that new tire feel, just want to see how long they last. I got 7450 out of the metzes whih for me is a fekin amazing. 2000 per set of on my old zx12r, and about 800 out of the pilots fitted to my TLS.
Has anyone got through a set of BW's yet and if so what milage.

I've had the Battlewings for 4000 miles so far and they are good. Not as much grip as the D607s with which I can happily scrape pegs and foot brake. However the rear D607s were shot at 4000miles whilst the Battlewings look like they'll do another 2-3000 (i.e. about 7000 total).

However the best combination of grip and miles were the Road Pilots which lasted 9000 miles, this is amazing for me especially as they were scrubbed in by melting them at mallory on a trcak day (my first). Only a road tyre but it's what I'll be fitting next.

Back
Top Bottom