Zumo or Quest 2?

nav18tor

Help a numpty today

Looking at a basic sat nav to use in the UK as a GPS speedo, not touring, and in Portugal for navigation

I presume any new purchase will come with V9, but which unit should I be considering?

Will be hard wiring on (both) bikes

Missed the last of the 2610's by a matter of days:thedummy

Last edited:
I have both a Quest 23 and a Zumo 550.The zumo is much faster. If you want my Quest PM me (it's only got V8 though).

Zumo would be my choice and I base that on having owned 1x Quest, 2x Quest 2 & 1x 2610.

Quest 1 = :thumb2

Quest 2 = :spitfire

2610 = :thumb2

Zumo = got to be better than a Quest 2 !

Not Quest

From the few replies here, I surmise that the Quest 2 gets few votes

Will wait for the Zumo price to drop a bit more:thumb2

Or a used 2610 to appear on the market

Thanks for the advice

Zumo

Make sure you get the latest software (currently 3.1) and don't go for the Garmin speed camera database - use the one on GPS world If you download the multi-camera database you get all the camera types (Gatso 30, SPECS, Redlight etc) and there's add-ons for graphics and sounds!! Just like Tomtom but without the 'delay' in announcements. :)

And pop over to the Zumo forum - it's a good place, with all the usual gripes (My bluetooth phone keeps dropping out, but that a minor thing really)

Can't wait..........

You know the feeling?

Got an urge and I need it now

Cheapest I can find is £483.00 for the Zumo 550 unless you can tell me different!!

Help a numpty today

Looking at a basic sat nav to use in the UK as a GPS speedo, not touring, and in Portugal for navigation

I'd suggest Quest 1 would be the way to go if cost is an issue - available for only £180 from gpsw.co.uk. You would easily fit all of Portugal in the memory, and include the route down through France and Spain. What's more you would be able to register for a free CN V9 update :)

Alternatively you could pay over twice as much for the Zumo :( - but this much less flexible eg. you can't switch off automatic route recalculation -important if you want to follow a particular route you have planned - or autozoom.

Peter

Get the Zumo550 and stop procrastinating ;)

It comes with car and a RAM bike mount, v9 maps and all the power wires you'll need.

Don't however get the Traffic add-ons - they're crap in the UK....

Alternatively you could pay over twice as much for the Zumo :( - but this much less flexible eg. you can't switch off automatic route recalculation -important if you want to follow a particular route you have planned - or autozoom.

Peter

A very good point - I normally upload routes and never use auto recalculation - for me the ability to turn this feature off is a must.

Dave

Got a Zumo 550

Bit expensive, but worth it IMHO

Straight out of the box, was easy to use, the sirf3 chipset is deadly accurate

Have tried it in Portugal in a hire car and it was fantastic and intuitive to use

Not yet fitted the RAM mount that comes in the box, but will get it sorted

Turned off the U turn thing and all was sweet

Back
Top Bottom