Indicator warning system and fun stuff

Old Rooster

OK guys and no doubt guyesses. Friend of mine pointed me to this forum and suggested I mention a couple of new products we've just designed and manufactured.

YES there are still manufacturers in the UK :thumb

I'm not sure having just read the advisory note on posting here quite what information to provide, particularly posting as a "newbie".

Best keep it simple and wait for either a deluge of abuse or maybe some serious questions ?:type

So..............................we have a safety orientated product which audibly reminds the user that they have left their indicators on. Ahhhh I hear you say (if you've read this far that is) I've seen/heard that before. Well not actually true because our device is the first available to give you great flexibility as it is fully programmable on the bike.

Double Ahhhh some will say, BMW used to fit those but stopped as blind people ran into the road like lemmings at the sound of the device and made an awful mess on the fairings....... well that was partly due to BMW in their infinite wisdom designing a product that sounded like the "good to go" alert on the Pelican crossing :blast . Our product on the other hand has a good range of optional sounds so it can never be confused with anything else.

So what's the fun bit..... ?

Well we also make an auxilliary LED brake light system which has an option to store and display scrolling text messages. Fits very simply to your number plate and wires in with just four wires.

So there you have it viewers, I'll beat a hasty retreat and leave you to decide whether this info is of any interest or just a load of old:peach:

Can you give more details ,and maybe a photo on the scrolling brake light.
Cheers Ken.

Oh yes, the thought of having a programmable, scrolling message on the rear of the bike is filling me with joy!:D

OK guys and no doubt guyesses. Friend of mine pointed me to this forum and suggested I mention a couple of new products we've just designed and manufactured.

YES there are still manufacturers in the UK :thumb

I'm not sure having just read the advisory note on posting here quite what information to provide, particularly posting as a "newbie".

Best keep it simple and wait for either a deluge of abuse or maybe some serious questions ?:type

So..............................we have a safety orientated product which audibly reminds the user that they have left their indicators on. Ahhhh I hear you say (if you've read this far that is) I've seen/heard that before. Well not actually true because our device is the first available to give you great flexibility as it is fully programmable on the bike.

Double Ahhhh some will say, BMW used to fit those but stopped as blind people ran into the road like lemmings at the sound of the device and made an awful mess on the fairings....... well that was partly due to BMW in their infinite wisdom designing a product that sounded like the "good to go" alert on the Pelican crossing :blast . Our product on the other hand has a good range of optional sounds so it can never be confused with anything else.

So what's the fun bit..... ?

Well we also make an auxilliary LED brake light system which has an option to store and display scrolling text messages. Fits very simply to your number plate and wires in with just four wires.

So there you have it viewers, I'll beat a hasty retreat and leave you to decide whether this info is of any interest or just a load of old:peach:

Was you selling them at the EXCEL show??

If so i bought a message board but have yet to fit it..

Looked good though.

very cheap option for audiable indicator thingy, Bought 2 12 v buzzers from Maplins, so far no pedestrians have walked into me and they they do work:thumb .
Cost about 4 quid and 10 minutes to fit:thumb

very cheap option for audiable indicator thingy, Bought 2 12 v buzzers from Maplins, so far no pedestrians have walked into me and they they do work:thumb .
Cost about 4 quid and 10 minutes to fit:thumb

Beware !! the Philistine is among us :rob :D

What you suggest does work but why would you want to have that irritating noise as soon as the indicator is on when with our system you can select a number of silent flashes to suit yourself ? If held up in traffic you can leave the indicator on and the flash count won’t start again until you release the brake and move off. You can also select the volume ramp up rate by programming the integral microprocessor.

Simplicity itself to fit; just four wires to easily found points on your existing wiring harness, all the fittings and connectors supplied with the product.

I’d be happy to offer a forum member discount for online ordering from our website but it would be presumptuous of me as a mere “newbie” to do that or even put the details of our URL here perhaps ?

The last thing I would want to do is infringe the etiquette of the forum.

Was you selling them at the EXCEL show??

If so i bought a message board but have yet to fit it..

Looked good though.

Yup that would have been us. Look forward to seeing the pics of your instalation once you've fitted it. :thumb2 :)

Can you give more details ,and maybe a photo on the scrolling brake light.
Cheers Ken.

I would like to do that but not sure if it is allowed :confused:

Maybe I can just say that it is called Braketext and if you did a Google search for that you'd probably find it.:) ;)

Got to dash..... I hear the footsteps of the moderators ;)

:augie Beware !! the Philistine is among us :augie
ummm i know, how much then?? 4 quid versus how much??
and i do like to sort my own problems out:thumb
dont get me wrong im not trying to belittle what youve done, just saying there is an alternative if only people would think for themselves:thumb2
:beerjug:

Before fitting this brake text light, will it affect any of my bikes electrics?:rolleyes:

Does the kit come with a switch?? if so mine didnt!!:( :( :( How am i supposed to switch between the 2 messages?

Before fitting this brake text light, will it affect any of my bikes electrics?:rolleyes:

Does the kit come with a switch?? if so mine didnt!!:( :( :( How am i supposed to switch between the 2 messages?

The kit wasn't supplied with a switch as we left it up to the end user to sort what suited them best. We did give away a free circuit tester with every sale though ;)

Take a look at the extra fitting instructions on the web site regarding fitting and selecting messages.

All you need as far as a switch is concerned is a three way centre off single pole jobbie: stick a positive supply to the middle and the white and red wires to either side. If you are really stuck for a switch send a feedback message via the site with your address etc. and I'll get one out to you.

Hope that helps.:) :)

Double Ahhhh some will say, BMW used to fit those but stopped as blind people ran into the road like lemmings at the sound of the device and made an awful mess on the fairings....... well that was partly due to BMW in their infinite wisdom designing a product that sounded like the "good to go" alert on the Pelican crossing :blast . :

The BMW audible signal stopped when you pulled the clutch in.

As you would when stopping at a pelican crossing outside a school for the blind, so as to stop a stampede of badly sighted folks all waiting to cross just as you happened to be coming along. :augie

:augie Beware !! the Philistine is among us :augie
Was only joshing you about being a Philistine, sorry, warped sense of humour perhaps :D

:ummm i know, how much then?? 4 quid versus how much??
Not sure I can mention that here without being seen to be overtly advertising ?
and i do like to sort my own problems out:thumb ??
Me too and your solution does work, all we are offering is added sophistication.

dont get me wrong im not trying to belittle what youve done, just saying there is an alternative if only people would think for themselves:thumb2
:beerjug:
We used the alternative you mention on our bikes for some years then thought "why not make something better", an example of our thinking for ourselves I guess. All in favour of it, "from little acorns great oak trees grow" :beerjug: :beer: :)

The BMW audible signal stopped when you pulled the clutch in.

As you would when stopping at a pelican crossing outside a school for the blind, so as to stop a stampede of badly sighted folks all waiting to cross just as you happened to be coming along. :augie

So how were you supposed to run the people over properly with the clutch pulled in ?:augie :eek:

I think the problem came when the crossing was on "go" for the rider so he wasn't pulling the clutch in cos he wasn't stopping cos he/she didn't have to ? All getting too confusing, I'm off for a ride in the nice sunny weather.

Thanks for all the responses, nice friendly forum you have here folks !!!!!!!!

im all for running blind people over but not hedgehogs:eek:
what sort of audible sounds can you have then? i know you cant demonstrate it on here but does it all revolve around beeps and buzzes??(how else can i put it:confused: )
or can you prgram it it actualy give a verbal warning like some HGv's have for reversing.
Ie "Watch out Tw-t im turning left/ right" or "dont forget to cancel me tosser"
now that would be cool:thumb.
Even i might be interested in something like that:beerjug:

im all for running blind people over but not hedgehogs:eek:
what sort of audible sounds can you have then? i know you cant demonstrate it on here but does it all revolve around beeps and buzzes??(how else can i put it:confused: )
or can you prgram it it actualy give a verbal warning like some HGv's have for reversing.
Ie "Watch out Tw-t im turning left/ right" or "dont forget to cancel me tosser"
now that would be cool:thumb.
Even i might be interested in something like that:beerjug:

If you take a gander at the website you can hear the sounds on the programming page (if you've got sound on your PC of course) It doesn't do verbals I'm afraid but a fair range of sounds to choose from.

I would post a link to the page but don't want to infringe the forum code with all due respect.

I suppose you could always put the Braketext on the front of your bike where you can see it while riding and it could give you the "dont forget to cancel me tosser" text as a scrolling message?

I like hedgehogs too !!!

'ello you old rooster, - was the "old cock" username taken already?? :kissy2

Don't tell everybody that I sent you here, - I am site sponsor with a good reputation to keep amongst these tossers!

Here you go: http://www.audicator.com/- every 5 minutes somebody puts one up about Tobinators or the like on here.

It's not a problem with the 1200's - they're self cancelling! :thumb2

That is fine if you like self cancelling and will never change later to a bike that doesn't have the facility. You could have become overly reliant on the self cancelling facility and be at even higher risk of forgetting to turn them off on the new bike ?

I'm not sure that the modern trend of taking away the decision making from riders/drivers is going in the right direction. We designed the product to advise you of a situation that you then consciously react to as you see fit. Maybe you are leading a rideout and want to indicate your intention to turn earlier than normal to ensure that the following group are all aware.

Just an alternative way of looking at it I guess.

Back
Top Bottom