Shoei Synchrotech

Bigtwin

I see that these are going for bargain prices on fleabay currently as there's a new model out.

Anyone got one - what's the score with them? And, as an Arai headded man, am I going to fit one anyway?

Not a bad helmet and relatively quiet for a flip front. In my experience they are far better than the BMW system flip lids.

Fitting....I also have an Arai shaped head, my own lid is an Arai Condor and fits very comfortably. My work lid is the Shoei and it is a good fit.

I might just have a brand new large syncrotech for sale if your interested?

Not a bad helmet and relatively quiet for a flip front. In my experience they are far better than the BMW system flip lids.

Fitting....I also have an Arai shaped head, my own lid is an Arai Condor and fits very comfortably. My work lid is the Shoei and it is a good fit.

I might just have a brand new large syncrotech for sale if your interested?

Could very well be. What's L in cms - any what colour is it?

might help-
i am a "medium" arai....
a medium schuberth-

but my syncrotech is an xsmall - and fits perfectly...

weired eh?

might help-
i am a "medium" arai....
a medium schuberth-

but my syncrotech is an xsmall - and fits perfectly...

weired eh?

Very. Best I pop to the shop perhaps then for a fitting. Cheers.

my shoei

I like mine - apart from the noise. I

f you are a motorway rider this makes a real difference, I hear this has been improved on their new model so I'll be trying one of those as a result of this.

Otherwise mine has served me well and I am always flippin my lid at the first opertunity.:)

I have a Syncrotech 2 and an Arai both are medium size. I found two problems with the Shoei, one is drafts round the visor, I've tried adjusting the visor mountings but to no joy. The other is I use an Autocom, I've now stopped wearing the Shoei unless it's for short journeys as I find that there isn't enough room for the speakers / headphones and it causes a lot of discomfort, no matter how many times I try to push the speakers further into the padding it just doesn't help, I haven't got a round head by the way.:D

Edit: I'd try the Multitech as it now uses a different visor (so I'm told) and it's supposed to be quieter.

I've got the Multitec. I find it is pretty quiet, most of the noise is caused by the airflow round the GS screen hitting the lower part of the helmet, if you put your head in clear air it goes almost silent.I have fitted it with Autocom speakers and boom mike which is very easy with the helmet designed to take speakers and the cheek pads pop off to fit the boom mike. The pinlock anti-mist visor is superb and the "legal" light tint visor given free with it is excellent. It is a very light helmet with good ventilation which I am very happy with, a good step up from the BMW system 4 I had before.

a good step up from the BMW system 4 I had before.

Well that's where I am now (and TourX for the right occasions, but M-way commuting in the winter isn't one of them).

I think a triperooney to the shoppie is in order to do some trying on.:thumb

Now I just need a wife excuse, and some trousers with big pockets to get it back into the house....

Could very well be. What's L in cms - any what colour is it?

Large is 59/60 cms.

Bear in mind that if you need to install Autocom speaker that you'll need to pry off the cheek pads VERY carefully, and then excavate a hole to allow the to sit flush with the surface of the lid liner.

The Multitech has nice cut outs ready to take an Autocom headset.

Large is 59/60 cms.

Bear in mind that if you need to install Autocom speaker that you'll need to pry off the cheek pads VERY carefully, and then excavate a hole to allow the to sit flush with the surface of the lid liner.

The Multitech has nice cut outs ready to take an Autocom headset.

Tks - Autocom not an issue for me - only ear buds.:thumb

I like my synchrotec. Its quite noisy but maybe all flip lids are like that. I ride (illegaly) with it open most of the time and only shut it at 50-60+. How cheap are they now? I would like to get one for swmbo.

Back
Top Bottom