Autocom - Kit 200 or Kit 300

Silver Rat

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing an Autocom but looking through the brochure, I am a wee bit confused which one of the above to go for!

They basically do the same thing as far as I can see, apart from the 300 having a fader control to adjust whether the pillion gets more music than the rider. They both have a vox adjustment, except you have to open the battery cover to get to the 200 one.

What's the advice? The 300 is £80 more expensive, what exactly do you get for the extra money. Is it worth it? Have I missed something?

:nenau

I cant say TBH. I believe there is another connector that allows a second phone or summat. And the fader. I had a long chat at Rainbow about this when I got the bike and the gent advised to get the 200 and im VERY VERY VERY happy with it. Apart from it needing electrical cleaner in the pillion plug and my partners headset wiring being split from the manufacturer it works great.

Ive got TomTom Rider through bluetooth adaptop, MP3, and occasionally phone through bluetooth on TomTom and then my pillion connection.

Works like a treat and once you have the helmets set up properly they are loud and clear.

the ZC

If you have the Kit 300 connected to the bike battery, this will power any bike to bike tranciever you connect to it. The Kit 200 does not have this facility, it would need the radio battery attached and kept charged off the bike.

I am thinking about purchasing an Autocom but looking through the brochure, I am a wee bit confused which one of the above to go for!

They basically do the same thing as far as I can see, apart from the 300 having a fader control to adjust whether the pillion gets more music than the rider. They both have a vox adjustment, except you have to open the battery cover to get to the 200 one.

What's the advice? The 300 is £80 more expensive, what exactly do you get for the extra money. Is it worth it? Have I missed something?

:nenau

They are two very different systems, the Super Pro AVi will offer you the below over the Active Plus

Auto VOX
Auto Volume (speech and music levels)
Music fader
Bike power option for bike to bike (Kenwood TK3201 or Icom)
More Aux sockets
VOX LED
Power LED
12v only (The active can be used either 12v or 9v)

Rich@Autocom

If you have the Kit 300 connected to the bike battery, this will power any bike to bike tranciever you connect to it. The Kit 200 does not have this facility, it would need the radio battery attached and kept charged off the bike.

That cant be true as the Motorola sets I have have a normal audio cable going into the unit and I wouldnt think there is any power from there.

the ZC

That cant be true as the Motorola sets I have have a normal audio cable going into the unit and I wouldnt think there is any power from there.

the ZC

It is true to a certain extent.
A bike-to-bike radio consumes a relatively large a mount of power. Only the Super-Pro (Kit 300) has a power supply beefy enough to supply the extra juice and a metal casing designed to act as a heat sink.
Special leads are used to power compatible bike radios - for example, I run my ICOM without battery and never have had one.
All the other models are compatible with battery powered radios.

Hope this help in your quest.

If you're new to intercom units, I am sure you will be very happy indeed with the Kit 200.

Im sorry I missed this post, this is totally untrue. The Super Pro can only bike power the below

Kenwood TK3201
Kenwood TK3101
Icom F4SR
Icom F22SR
Once we have developed our leads Icom F5SR

We do not supply any other leads to bike power any other models of transceivers.

rich

Hi Rich,

I will be going for the Super Pro kit. Do you rate the 3101 as highly as the 3201? Appreciate your advice. Thanks, and sorry to hijack the thread!!

Strider, no worries mate. To be honest we find the TK3101's work a bit better than the TK3201's due them having the longer aeriels.

Rich

Super Pro AVi

My good news today is that I have managed to get hold of a Super Pro AVi unit but it has no head set or mic at all. I looked at the catalogue and am not sure what I have to buy, presumably one with the noise cancelling mic?

can anyone tell me the part number so I don't get the wrong one. It is a 7 pin if that helps?

1122 or 1155 or 1159?

I am sure it is simple?

ta

Which kit did you buy to have no headsets????

Anyway you get you a headset sorted for the rider you will need our Part 1159 £52.50, either 1x Part 1179 £10 straight extension lead or an 1183 £14 on a coiled version.

For a pillion our Part 1153 £35 with either a Part 1179 or 1183

Rich @ Autocom

Thanks Rich....didn't buy a unit, was gifted it, but but the helmet complete with comms were stolen and he does not use the Autocom anyway!

Back
Top Bottom